Options

UO Anyone

Has it need started today? If not...GO

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: UO Anyone

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Too tired, no UO.

Wait, I can't understand why some people have a ton of shoes.
    I also hate having pregnancy nails, they are too strong and get in the way.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Serenla said:

I also hate having pregnancy nails, they are too strong and get in the way.

Yup. And then when they break they're all jagged and sharp until you find a file.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    I have a hard time seeing LO as her own person right now. In a few months it's easier, but for now she's this little blob that remains an extension of me for several weeks.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    edited April 2014

Agreed. I also don't want to see your "prep sunday" every week. 1. Your meals don't look appetizing to me at all. 2. Why would you want to eat the same foods everyday for a week? That sounds just awful.

I recently blocked a few people for their food posts. Same picture different day. Good for you now give it a rest.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Ewwww tater tot casserole, it's like vomit. RE Facebook posts, I have way too many conspiracy theorist "friends." Stop posting YouTube videos of some idiots lighting snow on fire, revelations does not predict the use of microchips, chem trails are way to high to settle back down to earth and kill you, and your mind is not more "open" than anyone else's because you spend way too much time thinking about this shit. I get posts from some weird group I got added to and some random guy asked the other day if he may have special powers because he gets a lot of zits over his "third eye." Everyone is just supersmarterthaneveryone and ohsospecialandmajical these days. This is probably not that U of an O but anyways

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Brigie029Brigie029 member
    edited April 2014
    I recently hid two people from my newsfeed on Facebook because I just couldn't deal anymore...

1) Is Bat S. Crazy but I work with her, so it's best to keep the peace. She would post 10x per time using photos of animals to talk about her relationship status. It was slightly amusing for awhile then she added food posts and selfies of her at weight loss clinics, I couldn't deal.

2) A doula friend of mine, more like an acquaintance, had to be removed because there were 5 pics a day of her 18 month old. He was stinking adorable and she's sweet. Somehow it just bothered me.

Whatever :-)
  • Options
    I don't mind people checking in at the gym on Facebook. Good for them! What I dislike is selfies during workouts. A friend of mine posts a sweaty selfie nearly every day during/after her run. That's AW'ing at a whole new level. And gross.

That's gross....on another gross note: I have a fb friend who has a crazy milk supply and posts pics of her "stored" milk bi-weekly and every 3 days posts pic of her baby attached to her boob, sometimes nipple shows, sometimes it doesn't. IT's great that you love breastfeeding....but no one cares.

However, she does donate-- which I think is awesome.

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    mamrotu73 said:
    Ewwww tater tot casserole, it's like vomit. RE Facebook posts, I have way too many conspiracy theorist "friends." Stop posting YouTube videos of some idiots lighting snow on fire, revelations does not predict the use of microchips, chem trails are way to high to settle back down to earth and kill you, and your mind is not more "open" than anyone else's because you spend way too much time thinking about this shit. I get posts from some weird group I got added to and some random guy asked the other day if he may have special powers because he gets a lot of zits over his "third eye." Everyone is just supersmarterthaneveryone and ohsospecialandmajical these days. This is probably not that U of an O but anyways
    They are condensation trails. Not chem trails. I am on board with being annoyed by your "friends" just because of that. All the other stuff is rediculous too though.
    Ugh I have one of these friends too.Her favorite diatribes include the chem trails, fluoride, and most recently how creative and fabulous she is because she doesn't use any medication and that no one should take medication for any mental health conditions because they make it worse and mean you can't possibly be creative plus big pharma. Sometimes I just want to be like "yeah lady my husband should stop taking the meds that have changed his life and really effectively controlled his bipolar disorder for years so that he will likely end up in major crisis, lose his job, risk his marriage and family, and potentially his life so that he can be the creative human he was meant to be." However, I have found people like that will not even entertain opinions from the opposite side of the spectrum.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My UO didn't work out. My BP is excellent. My swelling has gone DOWN (WTF?), and I am still high and tight. Awesome. Ultrasound scheduled for Monday to check baby's fluid, head size, and weight. Induction scheduled for Wednesday night. SGR y'all. 
  • Options
    I'm 39 weeks today, and I have a drs appt tomorrow. If she offered to induce...I would. I am absolutely miserable, haven't slept in 4 days, itchy beyond belief, swollen is an understatement, and did I mention my left hand is worthless, let's just say it looks like a catchers mit and it hurts soooo bad.
  • Options
    Ooh! I have another UO:

I love tater tot casserole. Or tater tot hotdish as my Minnesotan husband and in-laws call it.
  • Options
    Acers said:

pineconey said:

I'd prefer it if everyone in the world just left me alone until the baby comes. Even "hey, just checking in" texts bug the shit out of me. I think it's because so many are NOT that polite. Pushy bastards ruined it for everyone.

No one has been mean or pushy, but I'm ready to unplug the computer and shut off my phone. I get daily texts from mom(s), siblings, friends...random coworkers and distant family asking questions on Facebook...phone calls from everyone who never normally calls me...it's making me more anxious and I feel like THAT is going to make this take longer.

I was getting so annoyed that people would just text me "baby???"

On top of that, apparently during the end of my labor or while I was getting stitched my mom had called the hospital and they transferred her to my room so my phone was ringing because she wanted an update. If I didn't text you back and you knew I was in labor why wouldn't you just wait to hear from me? Weirdo.

Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • Options

My UO is that I don't mind all the 'have you had the baby' comments, I think it's nice that people care to ask. Admittedly I do find it odd that people even ask at all, when surely they ought to know we would tell them if we'd had it...haha! Oh well.

I'm going to Costco today and I'm going to eat the biggest juiciest hotdog while I'm there...people who give that up are ca-ray-zaaaay, hot dogs are the shit.

I agree. I just laugh at my Mom's frequent "Any change?"..."How are you feeling?" texts as well as all the "Baby?" texts. I just want to respond "Oh yeah, she got here yesterday. We are already home. Sorry we forgot to tell you."

I may just do that!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    emh81emh81 member
    pineconey said:
    I'd prefer it if everyone in the world just left me alone until the baby comes. Even "hey, just checking in" texts bug the shit out of me. I think it's because so many are NOT that polite. Pushy bastards ruined it for everyone.
    this! leave me alone!! If I haven't texted or called to say "we've had the baby!" we haven't had the baby! also if you can clearly see that I am still at work its not necessary to say "still pregnant hu?" ... clearly I'm still pregnant dumbfuck, I'm still here and my patience is running low so leave me alone.

Also, I am not about ready to "pop" I am not a pimple, I am ready to have this baby. 

finally, if you can't leave me alone why can't you ask about or talk about anything other than the fact that I'm STILL pregnant... its not helping time go any faster and you're the 907th person toady to ask me how I'm feeling... annoyed. that is how I'm feeling. 
  • Options
    olenkapdx said:

My UO is that I hate spring.  Not so much the sunshine and flowers, but the fact that everyone comes out of the woodwork and makes so. much. noise!!!  The lawnmowers, the weedwackers, my crazy conspiracy spouting neighbor (I just want to scream at the sound of his voice...).  And the neighborhood tweakers....good lord.  Lady comes down the street shouting "Fuck Fuck FUCK!"  while on a girl's pink bike with no seat and a flat front tire, nearly careening into my neighbor's van.

So actually, my UO is that I hate people and need to move to the country, apparently.   

For me it's the sun coming up early and the birds. They start tweeting obnoxiously at 4 am, it's like a fcking bird convention in our trees. Also we have a flock of wild parrots in Malibu and they are the LOUDEST BIRDS EVER.

• Options

In general, I hate baby clothes with words on them. Especially "Mommy's Little _______." Etc, etc. Carters ruins so many cute sleepers and outfits with those stupid phrases.

Ugh! Me too! My mom looooves this cheesy crap and I feel embarrassed to put my kid in half the shirts she buys!

• Options

In general, I hate baby clothes with words on them. Especially "Mommy's Little _______." Etc, etc. Carters ruins so many cute sleepers and outfits with those stupid phrases.

I made an exception. A friend I went to the FUN. concert with when I was two months pregnant (I got an earful from her later for not telling her then) got me a bib that says "FUN like my Mom." I'll allow it. :)
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    I made an exception. A friend I went to the FUN. concert with when I was two months pregnant (I got an earful from her later for not telling her then) got me a bib that says "FUN like my Mom." I'll allow it. :)
    Thats quite cool.

Im sure this is not an UO - but its an extension of the "Mummys little ..." 
    I hate that girls have "mummys little..." and boys have "Daddies little..." - as in only printed on pink and blue colours respectively. 

I had been given a couple of "Mummys little..." and really wanted to find something generic or girly that says "Daddies little..." for DH but couldn't find anything!! (maybe its just our stores)

In the end I got a couple of "boys" things (I don't care about dressing in sex colours, if this LO turns out to be a boy, then he will end up in a lot of pink). I fully expect comments and will laugh when people assume she is a boy because she is wearing blue!
  • Options
    Thats quite cool.

I hate that girls have "mummys little..." and boys have "Daddies little..." - as in only printed on pink and blue colours respectively. 

I had been given a couple of "Mummys little..." and really wanted to find something generic or girly that says "Daddies little..." for DH but couldn't find anything!! (maybe its just our stores)

In the end I got a couple of "boys" things (I don't care about dressing in sex colours, if this LO turns out to be a boy, then he will end up in a lot of pink). I fully expect comments and will laugh when people assume she is a boy because she is wearing blue!
    --- @avidkeo @AcaAwkward‌ I bought a red onesie that says "Mommy's little superhero" that was clearly meant for a boy. I'm gonna pair it with a denim skirt and tights because GIRLS ARE SUPERHEROES TOO, darn it! I'll use cheesy sayings in the face of bending gender stereotypes. ;) Btw avid, we have lots of both mommy and daddy stuff here for both sexes. You should tap us to send you some.
    Yep so should, but only if they include some of the cooler American junk food as well - so not worth it if no pop tarts (yep, never had a pop tart!)

You guys are going to say ewww but I have never had a twinkie, and I always wanted to try one ever since watching Ghost Busters! I asked every person I knew who went to the states to bring me back one but no one ever did, and now its too late!!!! :(
  • Options
    On the flip side of many posts, my UO is that I kind of like the "how are doing?" "Any updates?"messages that I'm getting from close friends and family. Maybe it's the AW side of me, but I like knowing how much my loved ones are anticipating the birth of LO. I can totally see how it would get annoying though. I have 3 sets of parents and I hear from one in each set at least once a day. I think what makes it different is that I moved so far away from all friends and family during this pregnancy that I like knowing they're thinking of us so often.
  • Options

This is AWESOME! I love love love FUN.
  • Options

Oh, I've definitely made exceptions! One of my favorite onesies says Littlest Peanut on it, and yesterday, B wore his Best Little Bro onesie.

And I love FUN!
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    avidkeo said:
    Thats quite cool.

All my friends are convinced that we know we are having a boy (we are team green) simply because the onesies and other clothes that we have bought are mostly brown, green, grey and camo. Since when did those become "boy only" colors?
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"