April 2014 Moms
Options

Disappointed - please let me vent!

I am at 38+6. We had decided long time ago I'd deliver our girl in Rome in a hospital my doctor strongly suggested, we went to see it and ask questions, and were all set up on it. Please keep in mind here we don't do pre-registrations: when one needs, she just shows up to the hospital with the needed documents and they accept you for delivery.
Yesterday I get the news that that hospital (at least L&D) will be closed for renovations from the 9th to the 29th. I am due on the 18th, and I'll be induced around the 25th-26th if nothing happens by then, so I'll definitely have to chose another option for delivery!

I already have plan B, it's another hospital around here, and I have heard many positive comments about it - plus, my OB/GYN says it's very good. And I am sure whatever I have put in my delivery bag is ok for this new hospital too. But it's a bit frustrating to change plans almost at the last minute.
Within the next 2-3 days we'll have to go see the L&D in this new hospital, especially because husband has no idea where it is (luckily I am from around there and I can show him the way).

I know much worse things can happen, Just need to let out my frustration. We had set our hearts on the old hospital, and a change at the last minute is not really welcome. I guess I'll just have to deal with this!

Re: Disappointed - please let me vent!

• Options
    Boo :(

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    homedivahomediva member
    edited April 2014
    I had to switch OBs at the last minute (37 weeks) and felt as you describe - I hated change in plans! It ended up being a great thing because I LOVED my new OB! So it was a blessing in disguise. I hope you find as I did, that sometimes a scary change can end up being a good thing! Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    homediva said:
    I had to switch OBs at the last minute (37 weeks) and felt as you describe - I hated change in plans! It ended up being a great thing because I LOVED my new OB! So it was a blessing in disguise. I hope you find as I did, that sometimes a scary change can end up being a good thing! Good luck!

Yes, that's what I hope! Yesterday husband was as disappointed as me, and I kept listing all the possible advantages of this new hospital (from - it's closer to home, to - they have a very new L&D they opened last year!).
    I really hope it goes as you said!

• Options
    That's super frustrating! Sorry you're having to deal with this!!
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Options
    I'm sorry momma. That sucks. But as I'm sure you know, once that little doll is in your arms, you won't care if you gave birth in a barn. You're so awesome to try and stay positive. Good for you. :) I hope all goes well!
  • Options
    rtv3rtv3 member
    How frustrating! I hope everything goes well at the new place :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"