April 2014 Moms
Options

rlmanning - Birth Story Team Green Turned Team......

I was induced on Sunday night 3/30/14 my due date due to gestational diabetes and the Dr.s worried about the babies size. They were estimating 8lbs 7ozs. Boy were they off.... Anyways, I tried and tried to get things going on my own all weekend and nothing worked. So we got to the hospital around 9:45 and got checked in and into our room. They started the Pitocin around 10:45pm. I started to feel some contractions but nothing I couldn't handle. Then around 1:15am on Monday the 31st my water broke. I felt the pop and then the gush. And it was a gush. So I called the nurse and she came in to check me. She said I was at a 5 and 70% effaced. While she was checking me my water was still gushing out. It was so gross! I kept apologizing to the nurse. LOL. With Bay my water just trickled out, I never felt the "gush" everyone talks about. So anyways, I asked for the epidural at that point because I knew the contractions were about to get worse. And good thing I didn't wait any longer to get it. It took the anesteciologist (SP??) about 45 minutes to get to me. And the contractions were getting much worse. He finished incerting the epi at around 2:20am. The nurse then said she would be back in a few to insert the catheder for me. While I was waiting on the catheder I began to feel nacious. And for a second I thought maybe I was going into transition but then thought dont get excited as I am still in for a long night. Well a different nurse came in at 3:15 to put in the catheder. She asked when was the last time I was checked. I told her at 1 when my water broke. So she checked me and if you could have seen her face... her eyes were huge and said you are fully dilated and ready. She asked if I felt the urge to push. I didn't yet, so we decided to wait about 30 minutes.

At 4am my nurse came back in and said lets start pushing. So I did 2 pushes and she told me to stop so she could call the Dr. The Dr. got there and they got the bed ready for delivery and then I started to push. I pushed 4 more times and the baby's head was out, at this point I had 2 nurses pushing on my lower stomach the Dr. menuvering the baby's shoulders out. As soon as the shoulders came out my husband looked at me with tears in his eyes and said "MOMMA, ITS A BOY!!!!" One of the most awesome moments of my life!

Blaine Emerson Manning

Born 3-31 at 4:14 am

9 pounds 7 ounces

21.4 inches long

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image

Re: rlmanning - Birth Story Team Green Turned Team......

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"