April 2014 Moms

Getting Induced!!!...or not...vent!

I'm 41 weeks plus 1 day. I was supposed to get induced yesterday (Tuesday). We were told to be ready by 7:30 am and we'd get a call telling us what time to come in. It is now 3:00 pm on Wednesday and the hospital still does not have a bed for me. They call every 4 hours to tell us that they still don't have any room for us. Anyone experiencing anything similar?

Re: Getting Induced!!!...or not...vent!

• Awww I'm so sorry this is happening to you. My SIL went through this exact situation two months ago with her second baby. I can only guess how frustrating this experience is for you. All I can say is hang in there! It'll happen soon enough and once it does, you're in the place where the ball is really rolling.

Hugs to you!
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Thank you @PoppySeedWindsor‌. I needed that! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • A friend of mine dealt with this- it was a full moon and they just did not have room so they let her wait at home until they knew they had a room for her instead of making her wait in the waiting room at the hospital. Hang in there and good luck!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What!! I have never heard of this! I'm waiting for my phone call to come in tonight! Hoping for good news for both of us. Hang in there.
  • This is a thing?!? Oy vey! I am hoping this will not be an issue for us on Sunday!!!

• @lilmama7182 Out of curiosity, where are you located?
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• I'm located in PA. I had another NST yesterday and the baby looked fine. I just called and scheduled another NST and ultrasound for tomorrow in the case that I don't get in tonight or tomorrow morning. As long as my baby looks good and women in labor keep showing up at the hospital, I'll keep getting bumped. I do hope the rest of you have better luck and I'm sure that you will! And I know that I'll eventually get in, I just didn't realize this could happen so it is just tough sitting here knowing that I'm only waiting to get to the hospital and do MORE waiting.
  • That did happen to a friend of mine. Only she actually showed up for a 9 am induction and they sent her back home. They called her back in the next day but I know she was really disappointed when they turned her away because they had no space for her.

On the other hand, my boss's wife gave birth during a big baby boom (9 months after a blizzard

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"