April 2014 Moms

Labour + flu bug

edited April 2014 in April 2014 Moms
So last Thursday DS1 came down with a flu bug that's been going around- puking, diarrhea, fever, etc. We ended up at the ER for dehydration on Saturday night, so who knows what other germs I was exposed to there as well. He's feeling a bit better now, but this morning on my way to my 38w appt I ended up puking. Now last time I did randomly start puking again about 5-6 days before going into labour, so there's a chance it's just that. Please cross your fingers for me that's all it is and not a bug, because I can think of few things worse than going through labour and caring for a newborn and toddler while having the flu bug! (Although I'm pretty sure I could get bumped up to a private room for free if I did have it.)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
VOTE on my Name List

Re: Labour + flu bug

• Ugh! I hope you feel better soon and that it's not the flu.

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
                D&C 12/12/12
    BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Feel better! I hope it's labor and not the flu.

• Loading the player...
  • Hopefully you feel better soon!!!
  • Yeah, I said flu bug in the post the first time I mentioned it, then just said flu in subsequent mentions out of laziness. I'll change the title so nobody else gets confused. Thanks!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Believe it or not, I work for a global medical supply distribution company and I heard the flu vaccine buyers say that in the US the flu is still making it's rounds. Yeeeesh!!!

Hydrate a lot and try to rest if you can. I can't imagine laboring while already feeling like crap.
  • Hoping you're better soon. DH and DS just got over a stomach virus, I'm praying with all my might I don't get it!! I can't even imagine dealing with the intense puking/cramping/diarrhea at this point in pregnancy!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"