April 2014 Moms

Ending this pregnancy like how I started it....

At the beginning of my pregnancy I slept on the sofa every single night because I couldn't sleep due to the nausea. I also took Zofran religiously. 

Here I am at the end of my pregnancy, back to sleeping on the sofa (that's the only place I can get comfortable) and I've been taking Zofran again because the nausea is back. 

Funny how it went full circle. Anyone else back to taking Zofran? I have to say, I'm actually HAPPY about the constipation side affects because I've been pooping way too much ;)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ending this pregnancy like how I started it....

• I'm not to the point of being back on zofran but I definitely have revenge of the morning sickness. Boooooo!
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you tried taking antacids like zantac 150??? My third tri nausea was being caused by acid-- and that helped a lot! I never got any relief from Zofran though....

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • I never took zofran (i'm weird about meds), but I've had morning sickness since week 6. It got better (read: no puking, but still nauseous) from week 30-36 or so, but now it's back to it's lovely original form. 
  • Rogue237 said:
    I never took zofran (i'm weird about meds), but I've had morning sickness since week 6. It got better (read: no puking, but still nauseous) from week 30-36 or so, but now it's back to it's lovely original form. 
    This is me.  I have been horribly sick almost my entire pregnancy.  I got a little break (two weeks from 30-32 weeks) where I did not vomit.  But, I am back to nearly daily vomiting.  I'm sick in the evening though (not the morning).  It's miserable.  Soon this will all be over....
  • Have you tried taking antacids like zantac 150??? My third tri nausea was being caused by acid-- and that helped a lot! I never got any relief from Zofran though....
    Yes, unfortunately I take Zantac every.single.night. I can't sleep without it because my acid reflux is so bad (although lately I haven't been sleeping anyway! haha) I only take Zofran on occasion but it's been a bit more frequent lately. I'm trying not to take it too much.. usually only when I'm at work and need to be able to feel 100% while dealing with clients and such. I so wish I could be done with work, but I'm planning on working up until I deliver :( 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • cd92007 said:
    Have you tried taking antacids like zantac 150??? My third tri nausea was being caused by acid-- and that helped a lot! I never got any relief from Zofran though....
    Yes, unfortunately I take Zantac every.single.night. I can't sleep without it because my acid reflux is so bad (although lately I haven't been sleeping anyway! haha) I only take Zofran on occasion but it's been a bit more frequent lately. I'm trying not to take it too much.. usually only when I'm at work and need to be able to feel 100% while dealing with clients and such. I so wish I could be done with work, but I'm planning on working up until I deliver :( 
    blah......I cant imagine. sorry-- luckily your babe is almost here :)

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • mamrotu73 said:
    I thought you were referring to the VERY start of your pregnancy-SEX! Lol
    This. I thought you were going to tell us that eviction sex worked for you.
    haha that's funny.. that is what our midwife told us at our appt on Monday. Unfortunately end of pregnancy sex is not nearly as fun as the conception sex or else I would be doing it every day trying to get this baby out! We're shooting for 2x a week.. that will still work right ;) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first thought was that ending this pregnancy the way it started would involve a tropical holiday, masses of cocktails, glorious Greek food and skinny dipping in the pool with my DH. Sounds like bliss! In reality I would give anything right now to be able to sleep for more than an hour at a time, and face my DH in bed without burping in his face. Hats off to all those of you still having sex. We haven't DTD since week 20!!
  • Yup. Have taken zofran this entire pregnancy.

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
                D&C 12/12/12
    BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• My mom mentioned that with each of her pregnancies, her nausea and vomiting returned with a vengeance the week before she had each of us. So.... ya know, better get ready ;)
  • I'm back on zofran again too...this pregnancy has been a doozy!
  • I never stopped with the zofran either. I didn't realize there were so many of us that stayed sick the whole time!
  • I'm sorry to hear so many of you have been sick the whole time, but on the flip side pleased I'm not the only one!! I'm sick three or four times a day, not keen on taking meds, so rolling with it as much as possible!! Two weeks left!!
  • Yup. Been on Zofran off and on the whole time. Had a nice 4 week break from puking between 32-36 wks. It was great while it lasted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"