April 2014 Moms

TP Tue

Go!

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
 All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: TP Tue

• My mom has been here for almost 2 weeks waiting for baby... I'm sooo not used to having her around 24/7, it's been 12 years since we've spent it's much time together. I'm about to lose my mind.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My MIL is apparently discussing the status of my cervix with every OB on her floor (she's an OR nurse). I have been informed that they all think I will go "soon". I can't even handle this anymore. 
  • Loading the player...
  • To continue with the inappropriate obsessions with our inner workings- TP to my new dental hygienist for asking if I'm dilated yet. I met you 5 minutes ago lady I'm not discussing my cervix with you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd like to add an additional TP to the coworkers who are way more interested in the status of my cervix than my midwives.
  • My brothers! My parents live here in Atlanta, my brother and his wife and 18 month old live in Texas, and I have another brother who I have a very strained relationship with who lives three hours away in Birmingham. My Texas brother was coming next month for a long weekend to see the baby, but now they're splitting their time between us and Birmingham brother! The kids will still be in school and DH will be working those two days and then they're off to spend the actual weekend in Alabama. I'm mainly just hurt that Birmingham brother can't just drive the three hours here to see his ENTIRE family and only invited my brother and his family to visit. He has seen my kids a handful of times and I'll have a one month old, but I guess that's not important. So MAJOR TP's to him. I think this is just the point where I have to cut him out and stop trying to have any kind of relationship with him. He's fucked up and I can not keep up with all of his damn drama, he's like a 13 year old girl.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • To continue with the inappropriate obsessions with our inner workings- TP to my new dental hygienist for asking if I'm dilated yet. I met you 5 minutes ago lady I'm not discussing my cervix with you.
    I kind of wish you would have replied with, "I'm X centimeters dilated. How is your vagina doing this morning?" That'd teach her how inappropriate it is to ask that question. Just because our bellies are in full bloom doesn't mean our vaginas are ripe for conversation. Sheesh.
    I kinda wish I had too. I think I was just so in shock that someone I had literally just met would jump to that question I only managed to stammer that I had no idea.
    I'm beginning to think that much like you "forget" the pain of labor, at some point in life you forget that you didn't want people asking questions and up in your business while pregnant. It's the only explanation I have for why women feel that these are ok things to say.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I kinda wish I had too. I think I was just so in shock that someone I had literally just met would jump to that question I only managed to stammer that I had no idea.
    I'm beginning to think that much like you "forget" the pain of labor, at some point in life you forget that you didn't want people asking questions and up in your business while pregnant. It's the only explanation I have for why women feel that these are ok things to say.
    It's like, just because we're all women and can have babies, doesn't mean it's an invitation to ask a pregnant woman about the private details of her downstairs business. I'm okay with the "When are you due questions" but anything beyond that is definitely off limits, especially from strangers. Women are weird...and we can TP that, too :-)
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• maelic said:
    Well, my day just got more awkward. We're getting the car inspected and the mechanic looks at me plainly and asks "are you going to feed the baby your milk?" What. The. Fuck.

NUH UH?! No way. Ew. Fucking WEIRD.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm really irritable today but the grandma behind me in the waiting room making her grand kids dance, sing songs and do cheers deserves a throat punch. Now she's making a clicking noise with her mouth. I'm not quite sure why she is doing it, but it is like nails on a chalk board. Not everyone is entertained by their talents. I'm sure its very cute at home or in dance class. But not at the OB office. Ever.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• maelic said:
    Well, my day just got more awkward. We're getting the car inspected and the mechanic looks at me plainly and asks "are you going to feed the baby your milk?" What. The. Fuck.
    My mouth is just agape. I don't even know...

• TP to my OB lately.. She seems super rushed during my last couple of weekly appts. She asks if the baby is moving good, checks the heart rate, cervix, and is like "okay I'll see you in a week". I actually had to ask her the status of my cervix and tell her that actually I had a couple of questions if that was okay with her. What the heck? At my last appt, she did ask me if anything new was going on "down there". I told her I lost my MP and she said "well that has no medical significance". What the hell.. You asked..
  • TP to all the flippin doctors I've seen in the last two weeks who all have totally different opinions on my health / bump etc. I'm in the UK so just have to see whatever doctor is available atvthe hospital when I go. Monday last week I see one who tells me my BP is a little high and sends me for shit loads of tests, as well as advising me to have an ECV rather than a C Section because the baby is breech.

Then on Thursday last week I see a different doctor who tells me he doesn't think the ECV is a good idea. He then told me that because he considered my BP to be high, he would book my section for week 38. He also forced me to have two lots of blood tests in the last 4 days to keep an eye on my "high BP."

Well I'm now 37 + 2 and haven't had my section date through so I see a third doctor today and ask her about it and she says she thinks they've all over reacted to my BP, that its not that high, and that my section doesn't need to happen now till at least week 39. And that she thinks all the blood tests I've had this week were unnecessary because I didn't have any protein in my urine at any point.

Make up your flippin minds! If I have to get my head around a change of date again I'm going to go insane!!
  • TP to the guy working at the donut shop this morning! I went through the drive-thru to pick up a kolache and a Dr. Pepper. I never drink soda, but it was one of those mornings. As soon as I picked it up I realized there was no ice in my drink!!! Who wants a DP with no ice?!?!? I told my husband to turn around and go back, so I could get a glass of ice to pour the DP over, and he refused! He didn't think it was a big deal. This was not a great way to start my morning! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    It's a BOY!!! Can't wait to meet Miles Garrett! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• This sounds so bad...TP to the 9month old I watch. I woke up in a great mood, feeling half way decent and he, is normally the happiest little guy...today I think he's trying to make me go insane...all he wants is to be held, not normal, and he is 22lbs...@9 months, I can't hold that all day, let alone standing up...I've done everything I can think of to calm him down, nothing. I am exhausted, I'm watching him until go time. I'm due the 18th...can we have baby today...please?!?!
  • TP to the woman at Target who literally yells down an isle full of people "oh congrats ! Are you having a boy or girl ??" Um... I'm like 20 ft away from you I'm not going to yell my answer back .. Thanks. As I proceed to walk away she then yells "have you registered at Target !? If not you should" well thanks lady..now the whole isle is staring.. I'm just going to slither away.
  • TP to my husbands mom's BFF who lives here seasonally and is trying to schedule time with us before the baby is born to give us a gift. Very sweet and they are like his Aunt and Uncle, however, it's on her terms and I'm like, I'm accommodating but I'm almost 37 weeks preggo. Come out by me or see a pic of the baby when he's here like everyone else. Dang hormones!
  • Additional TP to both my bladder and our 10 year old princess cat who is our first baby but driving us nuts. I have to pee every hour (at least once, like all of you) and at night when I get up to go, she has decided I must feed her...every. single. time. I don't and all chaos and sad meows ensue to where my hubby locks her out of the room and I inevitably let her back in because it's more annoying. Can someone say AW- my little baby is a master at manipulation. Great, I stand no chance with a child.
  • Brigie029 said:
    Additional TP to both my bladder and our 10 year old princess cat who is our first baby but driving us nuts. I have to pee every hour (at least once, like all of you) and at night when I get up to go, she has decided I must feed her...every. single. time. I don't and all chaos and sad meows ensue to where my hubby locks her out of the room and I inevitably let her back in because it's more annoying. Can someone say AW- my little baby is a master at manipulation. Great, I stand no chance with a child.
    I had this same moment with one of my furrballs today. He follows me into the kitchen EVERY TIME I go in there. He'll trip me up and rub up against me and it's really obnoxious. I was fixing myself a snack earlier and he was all rubby on my leg and meowing and I had no idea why so I yelled at him, "BIG CAT! I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!"

Then I had a realization that baby will be crying and I'll feel the same exact way. Oy. 

• @PoppySeedWindsor‌- Yes, my hubby and I are like realizing how lucky we will have been to be awoken at night to a cat whom just wants a scoop of food. We joke that our cat and our future baby will be masters of manipulating us and it's only half funny until we realize it's true and we are screwed!

They like following us around don't they-:/.
  • TP to anyone that wants to ask any questions about baby, pregnancy, cervix etc. so. Frickin. Over it. Same questions. Same answers. All. Damn. Day. TP to my office lady who is a Frickin control freak/martyr. Look, if you didn't want to deal with this project, you shouldn't have taken it on five months ago and now bitch to our customers that you didn't want to do it, but no one else would do it so here you are, working like a slave. No. If you didn't want to do it, you can't just bitch about it and expect that means someone else will do it. You physically need to tell your boss that you do not want that responsibility and someone else will need to take care of it. I need maternity leave so I don't go to jail for assault. TP TP TP.....rant. Over. :)
  • RoufiRoufi member
    TP to FIL and his miserable, horribly trained and neglected dog. Said dog keeps getting out of its (broken & too small) crate and ripping up garbage and peeing on floors & furniture (on purpose cause he isn't fixed) and waking me up.
    And special TP because apparently it hadn't occurred to FIL that we might want him to leave the house (and stay at SIL's house instead) considering that we're HAVING A FREAKING BABY!!!!
  • While we are all TPing our animals.. TP to both of my dogs today. I love them both to death but the one thinks it's her job to put crators in our yard.. I think I fill in at least 2 day .. This is the only bad thing she does but it drives me insane. And to the other one who the hair just falls off in piles ! I feel like I have become OCD over the dog hair these last few weeks trying to keep things clean for baby.. It makes me sad mad sometimes I just want to cry. Or shave her..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"