Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

One more Q, I promise! Flip baby onto back?

My LO started rolling over 4 days ago. The only bad part is that he doesn't know how to flip over once he's on his tummy & ever since he figured out he could roll over, he prefers to sleep on his side/ tummy. However, I'm deathly afraid he will suffocate! When he's on his tummy, I've been flipping him onto his back and when I'm sleeping, sometimes he wakes up crying because he doesn't know how to flip over. Do you think it's okay if I leave him on his tummy or do I need to keep flipping him over?

Re: One more Q, I promise! Flip baby onto back?

• Options
    Once they can roll onto their tummy, it is generally considered ok to leave them that way. Still put lo in the crib on their back and let him roll on his own. If you are still swaddling, you will need to stop, as that is unsafe once they roll.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Options
    I agree once they can roll themselves its considered safe. Sometimes when they learn something new they want to do it all the time. So maybe your LO will eventually stop rolling over so much.....mine did at least. She has now learned how to roll back too but still freaks out sometimes on her belly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"