April 2014 Moms

Question for mommas home with 2U2.

How's it going with a newborn and a toddler? Has the transition been smooth? How is lo 1 handling the change? Any tips or tricks to how you balance everything?

Re: Question for mommas home with 2U2.

• I didn't have a whole lot of trouble with 2U2. Babywear and include LO1 as much as you can. I think we read lots of books and I was on the floor a lot.

Now, 3 under 4 is a different story...

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • We want to include DS as much as possible with LO. I'm glad to hear you didnt have much trouble with 2U2! Good luck with 3 under 4! I hope the transition is just as smooth!
  • Loading the player...
  • It hasn't been too hard for us since we got home.  The first few weeks with DS2 in the NICU was the hardest part because I couldn't be in both places at once.  Now that we're home though, its basically back to normal.  DS2 sleeps almost all day (and luckily most of the night) so I play with DS1 in between feedings and he watches TV or plays alone while I nurse DS2.  One thing I did find though was that if both boys are hungry at the same time- I'm better off letting DS2 fuss a little while longer until I can get DS1 set up in his high chair with finger foods than trying to feed DS2 first while DS1 throws a fit.  DS1 has also adjusted great to DS2.  He tries to give him his binky and pats his back when we're holding him, and he has asked a few times to hold him.  Other than that, I don't think he even knows anything has really changed.  The hardest part has been keeping up with diapers since we CD. 

Oh, they're 16 months apart, too. 

Mom of 2 little gentlemen and one more on the way

image         image

• I'm so glad to hear this! Makes me a little less nervous about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"