Nurseries and Baby Gear

Chicco urban vs uppa cruz

Has anyone bought the chicco urban? It seems very similar to the cruz .... But cheaper. Thoughts?

Re: Chicco urban vs uppa cruz

• I actually purchased the urban but had to cancel my order because it was back ordered it wouldn't arrive fast enough. We ended up going with the Cruz and I love it!! The urban is a great option from what I can tell!!
  • HHmmmmm  Have you checked out the Versa?  It is pretty much the same stroller, but better.  The seat can be folded with the stroller, the wheels have better suspension and it is not as heavy. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yes - that was a big thing I didn't like with the urban - it doesn't fold with the seat. The Cruz does fold with the seat though.
  • I haven't tried or seen the Urban in person but I would still go Uppababy or Baby Jogger.  They have been making quality strollers for a long long time.
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Thanks for all the help!
  • Have you used the Cruz off pavement at all? That is where I can't decide on the Bob or the Cruz...I've received conflicting information on the off road handling of the Cruz. we have some parks with trails that are not paved...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • caycelee said:
    Have you used the Cruz off pavement at all? That is where I can't decide on the Bob or the Cruz...I've received conflicting information on the off road handling of the Cruz. we have some parks with trails that are not paved...
    The Crux won't be great on terrain. I might consider the Vista if you want do trails.  The Cruz is really more of a smooth surface type stroller.  Or you could do the BOB then get something like the G-Luxe for indoors. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • ebp913 said:
    caycelee said:
    Have you used the Cruz off pavement at all? That is where I can't decide on the Bob or the Cruz...I've received conflicting information on the off road handling of the Cruz. we have some parks with trails that are not paved...
    The Crux won't be great on terrain. I might consider the Vista if you want do trails.  The Cruz is really more of a smooth surface type stroller.  Or you could do the BOB then get something like the G-Luxe for indoors. 
    ------

I agree with this. We already had a Bob so I felt like the vista was unnecessary. We run/jog so we needed a jogging stroller. We will just use the Bob for any trails. We purchased the Cruz for sidewalks, pavement, zoo, etc.
  • But I didn't want to use the Bob for every day use. That thing is way too big to use every day.
  • We have a Cruz and love it. I am in a few stroller groups on FB and saw people say the Chicco brand one was really cheap feeling in person. Although it looks nice! The Vista is so much bigger and heavier than the Cruz. The Cruz does fold with the seat attached and we use it in the city on uneven sidewalk, cobblestone, etc. The big basket is really nice too. 
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards