December 2014 Moms
Options

Obsessing over spotting and hcg levels

Good afternoon!  I am 4w4d along.  I had blood work done on Monday (3/31) and my hcg levels were 42, more blood work done on Wednesday (4/2) and my hcg levels ere 56, last blood work done on Friday (4/4) and hcg levels were 427.  I've been spotting off and on for the last week and I can't stop obsessing over the spotting and these hcg levels.  I don't know if I'm going to miscarry or if I'm just worrying.  I was pregnant last year but it ended in a miscarriage at 9 weeks.
Has anyone had any of these issues with spotting or hcg levels?  

Re: Obsessing over spotting and hcg levels

• Options
    Well your hcg is rising so that is the important part. Spotting is normal as well. Hang in there. I know it's tough and hard not to worry. But try your very best not to because it won't change the outcome anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    lkraai27lkraai27 member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you so much!
    I'm so incredibly excited!!!
    and scared at the same time. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally understand being worried. Try to stay hopeful.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    MC522MC522 member
    I experienced pretty much the same thing the week before last! I actually went into the ER bc mine turned into red blood and it was every time I wiped for an entire day. That was a thurs and my levels were 75.76 and by the following Monday they went up to 496. My midwife wasnt happy with the number and I ended up switching to another practice bc they were stressing me out so much making me worry that I was going to miscarry. I know how scary it is and I was obsessed all last week. I havent had any spotting or bleeding since, and Im feeling very pregnant. So, hopefully all good signs. I will pray for you and hope this is your sticky baby! Hugs!!!
    Baby #4 on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    nesenotes said:
    Well your hcg is rising so that is the important part. Spotting is normal as well. Hang in there. I know it's tough and hard not to worry. But try your very best not to because it won't change the outcome anyway.
    ^ This exactly. With my first, I spotted on and off for most of my pregnancy and I made it until full term and she's perfectly healthy. Try not to worry.
    December '14 May Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV/Movie Mom - Tara Knowles from Sons of Anarchy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Thank you everyone this makes me feel a little less worried and more hopeful!!
  • Options

I'm freakin out over here as well. My first beta HCG at 3w6d was 29. At 4w6d it was only 227. I'm scared that my levels are too low. The nurse said they were excellent, so I'm trying not to obsess. This is my first pregnancy, so I'm a little obsessive about everything right now. I'm scheduling my first US for this week, as well as a 3rd beta. Hopefully its much higher.

Here's to a happy and healthy 9 to all the Dec14 mommies :)

May your hands always be busy
    May your feet always be swift
    May you have a strong foundation
    When the winds of changes shift

May your heart always be joyful
    May your song always be sung
    And may you stay forever young  " 

Me 35, DH 37

DX with PCOS in early 20's. IF d/t PCOS, anovulation, endometriosis, Dermoid cyst in/on Left ovary

TTC for 3 years. (2/2011), Last 16 months (2/2013) with chemical ART; Lap HSG with D&C 11/2012, Repeat HSG 2/2013 

Clomid, Follisim, HCG Triggers, Progesterone, Metformin

IUI x2 = BFN

3/16/14 IUI #3  BFP!

3/28/14 BFP!!!!!!!, EDD 12/6/14, Nonviable pregnancy 4/9/14, 5w4d; CP natural mc at 7w6d

4/25/14 Bye bye little one

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath - Personal picture

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats I had my first beta on Friday it was 51. The nurse said I was under 4 weeks. I go for my second today. Good luck and keep up updated! Happy and healthy 9 months.
  • Options
    I had spotting with my first pregnancy and everything turned out okay. My hcg levels were:

13dpo: 219
    17dpo: 1004
    23dpo: 4362

I freaked out because I didn't know that the doubling rate slows down once the level is over 1000, so I was expecting the last result to be over 8000. 

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"