February 2013 Moms

Mom Bullies :(

I didn't come on here to be bullied by other moms. We were all raised differently and we will all parent different. Can we not agree that if we are doing things out of LOVE for our children and wanting what is genuinely BEST for them then we are doing our best as parents? We will all make mistakes, and we will all learn what works and what doesn't for US and OUR family, not other moms and other families. I get mad when I see moms berate other moms for decisions they make. Its sad. Do you really think that you bully comment will make them change their mind? I love the community on here and certainly don't expect everyone to agree. I'm just asking that we all get a little perspective...

Re: Mom Bullies :(

• Slapping your 1 year old's hand and spanking him for doing normal 1 year old things is unacceptable, regardless of whether you consider spanking a valid disciplinary device.

I definitely wouldn't consider the comments on your post bullying.

• DublinMamaDublinMama member
    edited April 2014
    I can say with all honesty and sincerity that I have no idea what you are referring to in this instance. What recent thread was there bullying in?

Edited for typos.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ahhhhh I see. 

This is in reference to both the desire to get involved with this and spanking.
  • As someone who has been the "victim" of some "bullying" on this board before, I do want to agree with OP that there is a right and wrong way to disagree with people.

OP - We do spank in our house, but not until they are much older and only for serious offenses (after other forms of discipline have been ineffective).  Spanking is a very touchy subject for many people on these boards.  Spanking toddlers is even touchier.  I disagree with your decision to spank your toddler, but I don't think you're abusive or anything else that may have been mentioned in the other thread.  If your baby keeps throwing food, just take it away, get the baby out of the highchair, and move on.  They learn pretty quickly to stop if they really want to eat.

We DO all make mistakes.  None of us are perfect.  Perhaps there is a better way to let the OP know that you disagree with her discipline style that would help her learn a different way of dealing with the problem.  One that wouldn't cause her to put up a wall.

• lrtrauth said:
    I'm normally one who defends others,.. but in this situation, nope. I'm not sorry. I realize pregnancy brings frustrations as well as having a little one. HOWEVER, if something that your baby/toddler is doing is bringing about enough frustration to cause you to physically correct them, you need to just step the fuck away from the situation and take a deep breathe. 
    I physically correct my kids all the time... by removing the thing they're throwing or breaking... or by picking them up and moving them somewhere... or by grabbing them before they can get into something.... 

Hitting isn't physical correction. It's hitting. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Damn, I can't believe I missed this thread. ::shuffles back through Bump files::

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Damn, I can't believe I missed this thread. ::shuffles back through Bump files::

When you find it, send me me the link! Lol
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• View Full Size Image

I missed it too. That's a shame people think hitting a 1 year old is a solution.  Smh. I'm kinda glad I never opened that thread. 

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

I missed it too. That's a shame people think hitting a 1 year old is a solution.  Smh. I'm kinda glad I never opened that thread. 
    Also noted: if May comes on the board and disagrees with your parenting choice, then you should probably reevaluate your life. She's one of the sweetest people on the board.

View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"