Cloth Diapering

Ju Ju Be and CDs

Hello!
I am expecting my second child this August which means I will have two in cloth. I'm trying to decide on the best jjb bag for two in cloth plus all the other misc things I pack for everyday. Thanks!
Love 3.1.00 | Marriage 8.6.11 | Sophia Nicole 10/8/12 | Alexander Brian 8/3/14

Re: Ju Ju Be and CDs

• I have the BFF, and I would say it is NOT big enough for two. It's fine for me right now with my 3 month old, but I am already questioning how I am going to fit everything once I have to pack a snack, drink, toy, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought the Be Prepared because a few people talked me into how I will need it with 2u2, and LO2 isn't here yet, but it just seems way too big for me. Other than an entire day outing, I just can't see needing that much room, and it's super heavy, and for an entire day outing, I think I'd rather just bring a backpack, so I'm thinking I may sell mine. I'm not an over-packer, though.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have the Be All, but even with its size I question whether it'll be big enough for two in cloth.
    If I can throw out a suggestion, my PPB Weekender is really large and will most definitely work for two in cloth .. Plus all the toys and snacks I'll need for my oldest.
    I hope you find the right bag! I would try to see the bags in person before you buy though, rather than just online shopping. That way you get a feel for how big it really is.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • LatteLady5LatteLady5 member
    edited April 2014
    I have the be right back and I love it. It has enough room for diapers for 2, medium wet bag, my mei tai, a busy  bag for DD, my camera, phone wallet, nursing cover, extra prefold for a burp rag and other misc. stuff. When my LO gets bigger and goes through fewer diapers I may get a BFF but right now the BRB is perfect for me.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had planned to get the BRB for two in cloth, but will be having three in cloth with the twins, so I'll be getting a BP.  I think I may still get a BRB as a shorter trip bag.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I must not be packing my BRB right! I fill it up fast with just Sophia's stuff :/ thanks for all the suggestions!!
    Love 3.1.00 | Marriage 8.6.11 | Sophia Nicole 10/8/12 | Alexander Brian 8/3/14

• edited April 2014
    Honestly I have enjoyed having two bags. So for long days I'll have my main bag (wetbag, a couple diapers, change of clothes, toys, nursing cover). And in the second bag I keep in the car, It has a second wetbag with more diapers more changes of clothes etc. since most of the time I'll have access to my car. I can just go switch out the dirties with the clean. You also keep the Tylenol and other items like that that you likely wouldn't use out and about but it's nice to have handy-- just in case in the car bag.
  • Honestly I have enjoyed having two bags. So for long days I'll have my main bag (wetbag, a couple diapers, change of clothes, toys, nursing cover). And in the second bag I keep in the car, It has a second wetbag with more diapers more changes of clothes etc. since most of the time I'll have access to my car. I can just go switch out the dirties with the clean. You also keep the Tylenol and other items like that that you likely wouldn't use out and about but it's nice to have handy-- just in case in the car bag.
    You carry Tylenol in the diaper bag? Why? Maybe it's because we're more homebodies and don't go out when the kids are not feeling good that I have never seen the need to carry Tylenol with me and I'm not one to give Tylenol immediately after a fall or something like that so it's not part of my first aid kit. FWIW, I'm not saying it's wrong to carry it with you. 

Back to the original question, I only ever had one in diapers at a time, but I have experienced being unprepared when ds1's bottle leaked all over his clothes in the middle of a Nebraska winter and I didn't think to pack extra clothes since we were only going out to eat. I still hate carrying around anything more than I absolutely have to so I have to admit the idea of keeping a bag in the car is a good idea.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • I'm so glad you guys posted this. I changed from the Be prepared to the BRB yesterday on my registry.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• I have a BFF and have 2 kids. I fit everything in just fine.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Seriously, anyone want to buy my Be Prepared? I'm having serious buyers remorse and just don't think I pack enough to use a big bag. :-/

BabyFruit Ticker

• JmeJme said:
    Seriously, anyone want to buy my Be Prepared? I'm having serious buyers remorse and just don't think I pack enough to use a big bag. :-/
    Sell it on their forums or FB B/S/T. I wish I would of gotten the bigger one some days, but I only really like the Toki Doki prints.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• JmeJme said:

Seriously, anyone want to buy my Be Prepared? I'm having serious buyers remorse and just don't think I pack enough to use a big bag. :-/

Sell it on their forums or FB B/S/T. I wish I would of gotten the bigger one some days, but I only really like the Toki Doki prints.

I probably will. I just don't think I love it enough for the price. I thought I would, but...I just don't. I'm trying to wait and try it out a few times with both babies before I actually get rid of it, but all I see is a pile of money every time I open DD's closet.

BabyFruit Ticker

• JmeJme said:
    JmeJme said:
    I probably will. I just don't think I love it enough for the price. I thought I would, but...I just don't. I'm trying to wait and try it out a few times with both babies before I actually get rid of it, but all I see is a pile of money every time I open DD's closet.
    Who knows. Maybe the first time you have to pile in 6 pockets, toys, food, changes of clothes, burp rags, ect into it you'll find you love it. lol. I can get way more organized and find things easier in my diaper bag than in my back pack.

• Honestly I have enjoyed having two bags. So for long days I'll have my main bag (wetbag, a couple diapers, change of clothes, toys, nursing cover). And in the second bag I keep in the car, It has a second wetbag with more diapers more changes of clothes etc. since most of the time I'll have access to my car. I can just go switch out the dirties with the clean. You also keep the Tylenol and other items like that that you likely wouldn't use out and about but it's nice to have handy-- just in case in the car bag.

You carry Tylenol in the diaper bag? Why? Maybe it's because we're more homebodies and don't go out when the kids are not feeling good that I have never seen the need to carry Tylenol with me and I'm not one to give Tylenol immediately after a fall or something like that so it's not part of my first aid kit. FWIW, I'm not saying it's wrong to carry it with you. 

Back to the original question, I only ever had one in diapers at a time, but I have experienced being unprepared when ds1's bottle leaked all over his clothes in the middle of a Nebraska winter and I didn't think to pack extra clothes since we were only going out to eat. I still hate carrying around anything more than I absolutely have to so I have to admit the idea of keeping a bag in the car is a good idea.

We've stayed at my parents impromptuly. Or if we go oot I've got I packed and don't have to think of EVERYTHING on the fly.
    Oh!  This is a great idea!  I was just coming on here to ask the same question about diaper bags for two in cloth (although hopefully DD will start using the potty in the next year... but she still requires a lot of extras when we go out it seems).

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"