July 2012 Moms

What grinds your gears?

Off the top of my head. When my husband wakes up ten minutes after I do to get the kids up for school.

If your going to wake up right after me why don't you just go ahead and get the kids up? Try and be a tiny bit thoughtful, especially considering I have to wake up at two a.m. every morning like clockwork to put the toddler back to sleep....multiple times!!!!!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: What grinds your gears?

• Making the bed half ass. Either make it and put a bit of effort into it or leave it unmade.

Leaving only a small amount of anything like milk/orange juice or cereal. I mean it is not enough to do anything with so just finish it all!

• Loading the player...
  • KarmBKarmB member
    we cant swear anymore? or are you censoring? asshole, fuck, shit.... ;-)

• My parents when they switch to English around Tumaini, because they don't want her to understand something. Like, if she's getting fussy, they'll say "Uh oh, maybe she needs a nap", or "Is it time for her to eat?".

1) I hope she understands at least a bit of English, because I sing songs to her and read to her in English, and she goes to a bilingual daycare.

2) You would never switch language in front of an adult to talk with someone else without the other person understanding. It would be incredibly disrespectful. So why do it to my kid?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• PaddyB said:
    @barefoot84 what language do you guys primarily speak to Tumaini

this is a stupid one: but when the coffee shop puts sugar free syrup in my drink instead of regular. I can taste the difference, and I usually don't take the first sip until after I leave, so its a pain to go back and it fixed.
    We speak French at home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• MissMusic said:
    People who leave their kids and pets in hot cars. I dread seeing those stories on the news. I'm also the a****** who is on the phone with the cops if I see something like this. And if God forbid something happens, the person is always baffled as to how "something like this could have happened".
    YES. Lately people have been leaving their dogs in their cars during church - for the whole service! WTF does your dog need to be sitting in your car waiting for you for over an hour??

Right now DS is grinding my gears. He has a tantrum every time we stop doing something fun, which makes me not want to do fun things because I'm going to have to deal with "MORE! BUBBLES! MORE PLEASE!" for fifteen minutes afterwards.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh, I have soooo many!
    Leaving the toilet lid open.
    Putting back half a sheet of paper towel.
    Putting a yogurt that's only got a couple of spoon fulls left back in the fridge with said spoon in it with the foil lid peeled back over it.
    People who slap their kid and wonder why the kid hits.
    People who cut me off despite their being no cars behind me and go slower than snails.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"