May 2014 Moms

Drying baby clothes.....

FTM lame question but......What cycle should I put it on so I don't shrink this tiny stuff??? Delicate? Permanent press?

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
TTC Baby B since 10/2012
BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

Re: Drying baby clothes.....

• I dry them on the same setting I use on all the other clothes in our house. Just the regular normal dry cycle, I forget what it's called on my dryer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Regular?
  • Loading the player...
  • I dried them on a lower temp, I think it's low/med on my dryer, but not on the lowest which would be delicate.
  • Reading tags... just like with your own clothes... should reveal how they should be dried. Most will say air dry. Most dryers have an air dry, no heat setting. TADA!!!
    imageimageimage

• I dry almost all laundry on normal/hot. Only special items like curtains and some bedding items get a cooler setting.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• mrsbtobe20122mrsbtobe20122 member
    edited April 2014
    Ok... I already acknowledged it was a lame question, and I did read the tags. However, most say medium heat and thought that seemed pretty high.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012

• My Nana washed/dried the baby clothes for me.  Washed in a clean and clear, but for some reason, the dryer made the clothes have a "fuzz" on them (not lint).  She dried on delicate, so who knows...they don't have that crisp out of the dryer feel to them.  Oh well!
    In memory of the angel babies that were too perfect for Earth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I definitely shrank some Carters stuff drying on normal. I have some newborn onesies that could be for a premie now but live and learn. I went down from regular to a lower setting on the next batch and no probs. The ruffles on all my cutesy girl dresses all seem to get ugly and rumpled after washing too. I wish they were ok to wear right off the rack when they look perfect!!
  • danabsd said:

Normal.

Why does everyone think all these special precautions need to be taken for baby clothes?  They are the same as your clothes.  Just way way smaller. 
    This. They're clothes! Not something to overthink.

BabyFruit Ticker

• We dry all clothes on Normal - Medium setting.

• I just dry them with whatever setting it's already on.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I always use the normal setting that I use for everything else.

Mommy to three beautiful boys! 
    Benjamin Michael 5/17/10
    Lucas Gabriel 3/26/12
    Graham Jonathan 5/1/14

• Normal

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Everything in our house gets dried on low heat except towels. I got tired of all of my clothes fitting great in stores then DH shrinking them at the first wash so I could never wear them again (especially jeans!). And our running clothes have to be dried low or they get all messed up. I am doing the same for baby clothes...and have noticed that most batches take 2 cycles on low to fully dry.
    Same here. Towels and the light coloured underwear/socks get dried on high heat. Everything else is low. Planning to do the same for baby stuff.
  • We've always dried on normal. I just line dry anything with tulle to make sure it doesn't melt.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• cbrust said:
    I dried them on a lower temp, I think it's low/med on my dryer, but not on the lowest which would be delicate.
    Totally unrelated to the topic, your signature caught my eye. I freaking LOVE Cupcake wine!! Specifically, the Red Velvet blend is the best.

When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • cbrust said:
    I dried them on a lower temp, I think it's low/med on my dryer, but not on the lowest which would be delicate.
    Totally unrelated to the topic, your signature caught my eye. I freaking LOVE Cupcake wine!! Specifically, the Red Velvet blend is the best.

@RachelCA29 it's my go to under $15 red wine, I loooove it.
  • We've always dried on normal. I just line dry anything with tulle to make sure it doesn't melt.

I love line drying...need to get that set up soon!

In memory of the angel babies that were too perfect for Earth.

• Normal setting, just like the rest of the clothes in this house.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsT2008MrsT2008 member
    edited April 2014
    regular.  they're just small versions of adult clothes.

ETA:  I dry on "auto dry" which I believe is Low-Medium heat on my dryer
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• danabsd said:

Normal.

Why does everyone think all these special precautions need to be taken for baby clothes?  They are the same as your clothes.  Just way way smaller. 
    Yep. Normal detergent. Normal wash. Normal dry. Super easy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • and honestly, cotton stuff is probably going to shrink unless you air dry it.  Just like adult cotton clothes do, so do baby clothes.  If they shrink to the point where it doesn't fit, it's time to go up to the next size.
    AVT - 12.2.11

• I know we are all hormonal here.. But come on ladies. She said it was a lame question, you can't get all in a tiffy just cause she wants to do everything right. None of the moms on this board should feel like we are asking stupid questions and will get mocked for it. :) I know I shrink clothes sometimes, and hey.. This baby stuff isn't cheap!!
  • I know I shrink clothes sometimes, and hey.. This baby stuff isn't cheap!!
    It kinda is. I can't remember the last time I paid $2.99 for 2 pairs of pants for myself. 

• Well, I shrunk some stuff on medium--it was mostly Carter's. I'll be more careful with their stuff next time. I guess he will just get to wear it sooner!

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012

• Well, I shrunk some stuff on medium--it was mostly Carter's. I'll be more careful with their stuff next time. I guess he will just get to wear it sooner!
    like I said, it's going to happen, it's 100% cotton.  You'll find that it probably fits better a little shrunk - I always have.
    AVT - 12.2.11

• I usually hang to dry … but if its going to shrink, might as well throw it in the dryer and get it over with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"