Parenting

When you leave your house in the morning...

How much do you tidy up? Do you make your bed? Are there dishes in the sink/ on the counter?

I do not usually do either of these thing because I am usually running late. Just wondered if others are like me or if I am a slob. DH is having a friend stop in tomorrow and I am debating tidying up before leaving the house...

Re: When you leave your house in the morning...

• If I'm having a good morning, I do a load of laundry, empty the dishwasher and do the breakfast dishes, make the bed and wipe down the bathroom (very quickly). Lately I'm lucky to make it out of the house will all three kids and my sanity.
    A: 3.07
    G: 6.10
    L: 11.13

• If I know the sitter is going to get the kids then I tidy up, or if I get up earlier then normal I will put the kitchen back together. That normally happens on Friday. For some reason when it is jeans day at work and at my kids school we get out of the house much quicker.
  • Loading the player...
  • I never make my bed. We just have a down comforter though, not a million pillows or layers of sheets. It doesn't look sloppy though. I do the dishes for the whole day at night when I wash bottles and my pump parts.

That being said, with someone coming to your home, I would tidy up. I would clean and have my house as tidied up as possible for company.
  • our bed is never made.  I put away dishes sometimes if there is time.
  • When I work, almost nothing. I will keep things neat as possible (towels in hamper, dishes in dishwasher, etc) but I do almost all cleaning in the evening or weekend mornings.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • I pretty much always make the bed. It just makes the room feel better. I don't do dishes or anything else.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• I hate leaving an untidy house but with a 3 year old who hates going to daycare, just getting her in clothes is a chore. My DH works from home but that just means a bigger pile of dishes by the sink when I get home... I'll likely make the beds and try to clean up the breakfast dishes and be a little late...
  • The only time my bed gets made is when the cleaner does it.
    I usually leave the breakfast dishes in the sink with the coffee cups. I have a hard enough time getting to work on time
    image image
  • Thanks y'all for helping me feel like less of a lazy slob ;)
  • Tidying up would cut into my bump and coffee time.

so many different types of sparrows 30 rock         

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Staying home or working I hardly ever make the bed. It's just sheets and a duvet. I try not to ever leave anything in the sink unless it's soaking

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • I'm up at 5 and out of the house by 6. Both DH and DS are still asleep so I don't pick up and can't make the bed! After I get ready I treat myself to coffee, an English muffin and TB for 10-15 minutes before I head out!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• jsgrl613 said:

This thread makes me feel inadequate.

Exactly.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I'm Lucky I have time to do my hair in the morning. I try to do everything the night before. If I don't do the actual dishes the night before they are in the sink.

• I get up with just enough time to dress myself and DS and toss some food in my lunch bag.  If I'm lucky I can make a cup of coffee.  There is no cleaning.
    The Book of Love Has Music in it

• I don't always leave some days, and when I do, I don't normally tidy up before.  I do sometimes clean while DD is learning to read via Super Why or while she's napping. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• NYMama1 said:
    I do nothing to tidy up in the morning. Trying to get ready and get two kids ready is a time suck. My only goal in the morning is for everyone to be ready and out the door on time.
    Thank god for you.  I was like wait, people have time?  I get up at 5:45, shower, get ready, help DH get the boys ready and we're out the door at 7.  I'm lucky if I remember to throw my lunch in my bag.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I do put up with a toddler all day, so there's that.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• chardonnay24chardonnay24 member
    edited April 2014
    We clean up every night after the kiddo goes to bed, so I usually don't need to tidy up. If we are having people over later, I might get up early to unload the dishwasher so I can load our breakfast dishes, but that's about it.

ETA: I should add that my kid sleeps until 8 or 8:30 (so naturally, I do, too). We usually only have time to eat, get dressed, brush teeth, and get out the door. If he was an early riser and we had a chance to mess up the house, I'd probably tidy up a bit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MaebbMaebb member
    I do the dinner dishes right after dinner, but nothing gets done in the morning. Usually there is a sippy cup and any other glasses or utensils that we used during the night in the sink. I don't make the bed. DH does the dishes and makes the bed when he gets home from work because he gets home 2 hours before DS and I do.
  • Wow. I'm impressed by some of you ladies. I've only been back to work for three weeks, but most morning I use a wet wipe to freshen up, get dressed, throw on some concealer for my huge underye circles, give the baby a bottle, and pop an Eggo in the toaster for DS1 to eat in the car on the way to school. Bam...

• I hate getting out of bed and get up about 35-40 minutes before we have to be out the door. I dress, fix my hair, make my bed , get up Dd and get her dressed, get her fed, pack our bags, brush my teeth, and then it's rushing Dd to finish her cereal, throw her dirty bowl and my half finished coffee in the sink and we're out the door. So no tidying or other chores here. Sometimes I feel bad for rushing Dd but at least she's fairly easy going.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• I do very little before leaving for work- I never make the bed or anything like that. DD and I get up at most an hour before we have to leave the house so there is only time to get ready and eat breakfast.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Laziness often wins. I don't clean anything unless I have to before I leave. I typically clean and do laundry in the evening. Or on mornings when I am off work. Before leaving, yeah no. Ain't nobody got time for that.
  • I have a lot of respect for working moms. How do you manage your job, kids, and the house? I feel overwhelmed by my house and I SAH. You guys are much stronger women than I am. I also know there are SAHMs who are stronger than I also.

• My house is a constant clusterfuck of dishes, toys, books, clothes, and shoes. I'm a horrible housekeeper. I hate it about myself, but it is what it is...and it doesn't help being in survival mode on a daily basis. So, no, I can't tidy up before leaving the house. If we're having people over for dinner, I definitely clean. If my mom/sister/bff are coming over to hang out, I'll try to make sure there isn't anything offensive out.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• I tidy the house before I go to bed.  In the mornings I aim to unload the dishwasher and clean up the breakfast dishes.  The older kids make their own beds and DH makes ours. I'm with @mbenit4 in that I always look a mess when we leave the house, but the kids look good. 

I SAH currently and am terrified how mornings are going to go come September and I go back to work.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"