September 2014 Moms

Has anyone tried the Etsy nursing scarf?

I'm a FTM, due September 4th, and I'm planning to breast feed. I came across this really cute nursing scarf on Etsy the other day. You're able to wear it as a scarf but then it unfolds to cover your chest as you breast feed. Has anyone seen it or tried it? I'm curious how well it worked out for you! Thanks :)

Re: Has anyone tried the Etsy nursing scarf?

• Ooh I love scarves and that sounds awesome! FTM planning on breastfeeding too, so I am looking forward to other's feedback on this! Thanks for posting!

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • That sounds really cool! Do you have a link to share?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Here's one of them. I think there are lots of shops that sell these on Etsy!

• Ok, the link is not showing up for some reason! If you just type in nursing scarf on etsy, it should show up with lots of options!

Thanks everyone :)

• tigger99 said:
    Here is the DIY link

Can I love this 100x over?? Thank you!!!

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • MarabordMarabord member
    edited December 2014
    Yes, I personally did not like it. Its just like buying a big scarf at the store  to cover myself. It did not cover my back and I had to worry about the scarf sliding down my shoulders. I prefer the poncho looking ones. Before you buy the scarf I would suggest for you to get any scarf that you might have that's big enough and try to nurse your baby in public with it. You will see what I am talking about. Of course, unless you are not a shy mom like me :)
  • I made my own for like $2 very easy if I can find the tutorial again I'll post it on here
  • I fell in love with the lululemon vinyasa scarf for all things. It can do about 21 different things including cross front top for nursing coverage and many other cover options. I'll be using it tomorrow in the airport so I'll let you know how successful it was for nursing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"