September 2014 Moms

Hold Your Horses, DH!

At our 12 week NT scan or tech told us she was something like 95% sure we were having a girl. I'm always more on the overly cautious side, so I thought. "uh huh, sure lady" I figured we'd get excited once we found out for sure at our anatomy scan or if we decided to to an elective a couple weeks before that (we decided not to now). To me 12 weeks is just too early to feel that certain. On the other hand, hubby is 100% sure we are having a girl. While we are out he wants to buy baby girl things, talks about "her" etc. It's adorable, really, but I don't want him to get too overly attached to the idea of having a girl if she suddenly becomes a he between weeks 12 and 21 (when we'll have our AS). Anyone else dealing with this?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hold Your Horses, DH!

• Yeah. I'm having a hard time telling him to knock it off, because I know that it's his way of starting to feel connected to the baby. I think he'd been having a little bit of hard time up until that point. I don't want to ruin it! But at the same time, it's driving me a little nuts looking at all things pink, girly, and such when we don't know. I almost feel like I'd be letting him down if it was a boy at this point because he's been so attached to the idea of a girl lately.

• When the nurse did our NT scan a month ago at 13 weeks, the nurse decided to take a guess for our twins too (boy and girl) ...DH was thrilled and wanted to go show everyone the u/s pics ..but I kept drilling it in his head during the drive and he came down and grabbed the pics to show his parents but I was way ahead of him and cut out the pics of the boy/girl shots.

He got the hint lol... I would just hate to announce one thing only to say "oops its not a ___ , it's a ___" .. he reluctantly agreed
    **SIGGY TICKER WARNING**
    Me: 27 High FSH (POF?) DH: 33 Slightly Low Morphology / Married Aug '08 TTC since 7/2009
    6 rounds of clomid = no luck
    IVF w/ ICSI & AZH #1 - Jan/2011 = ET cancelled OHSS
    FET #1 & #2 - March/2011 & June/2011 = Chemical Preg.
    IVF w/ Half ICSI #2 New RE - May/2012 = BFN!
    May '12 - Sep '13 - Took A Break
    Dec '13 IVF w/ Half ICSI #3!!!!! Switched RE
    Protocol - Lupron trigger/Follistim/Ganirelix/Estrace/Vivelle/Crinone
    12/27 - BFP! TWINS! EDD 9/3/14 ...Team PURPLE!
    6/27/14 - Emergency C/S @ 30w2d - Baby A 2lb 14oz, Baby B 2lb 11 oz
    ALL WELCOME :)
  • Loading the player...
  • As long as he's not shouting it from the roof tops (since I'd hate having others buy stuff just to find out that it's a boy), I'd let him be for now.  With our DD, our DH REALLY bonded with her more once he could envision things more -- a little girl that he wanted to name Isabella that would look like him (he was halfway there - that is what we named her, but she looks like me).  I'd hate to burst your DH's bubble, especially if he's feeling closer to baby now.

imageimage

• DH is sure we're having a baby (we did the old needle on a thread thing and it said a girl... and then I told him about the Chinese gender chart).  We both want a girl, I'm just worried about getting our hopes up and then have a boy (we want two kids, a girl then a boy).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH is absolutely 100% convinced we are having a girl. And we are team green!   (I still say boy, even though this pregnancy is totally different than the one I had with DS. Just think I'm destined to be a mom of boys).  Let him get excited, he'll love him/her no matter what!
    image"funny">imageimage
    Mom of Boys!!

Baby #1 - 3 years old
    Baby #2 - Born 10/1/14

• My DH is convinced we are having a boy and I tell him every time he brings it up that he needs to set his expectations because if it's a girl I don't want him to not feel the same way he does right now thinking it's a boy. He says he will be happy if it's a girl too but he doesn't have to worry about it because it's a boy. I am to the point of just rolling my eyes now. We only have two days until our AS so we don't have to wait much longer (as long as baby cooperates)!
    Me - 26 - Suspected PCOS
    DH - 28 - Slightly low T and low morphology

Jan 2011 - Stop BCP
    Jan/Feb 2013 - Normal hormone panel/HSG - tubes clear
    April 2013 - DH's bloodwork and SA - low T and 0% morphology - Start DH on Clomid and vitamin regimen 
    May 2013 - start metformin for PCOS but ended up stopping in July 2013 due to elevated liver function
    Sept 2013 - first RE appointment/follow-up SA shows 2% morph!!
    October 2013 - IUI #1 - 50mg Clomid CD4-8, 100mg Clomid CD12-16, Ovidrel - BFN
    November 2013 - IUI #2 - 5mg Femara CD4-8, Ovidrel - Chemical pregnancy :'(
    December 2013 - IUI #3 - 5mg Femara CD3-7, Ovidrel - BFP!!!!!!! Beta 1: 157, Beta 2: 636 (doubling time 35.67 hours)
    January 14, 2014 - Viability ultrasound - Measuring 7w4d with a beautiful heart beat of 146bpm!!!
    February 17, 2014 - NT scan - Everything looks perfect! Heartbeat of 162bpm!
    April 3, 2014 - AS scan - Still looks perfect! Heartbeat of 135bpm :) It's a BOY!!!
  • Shanadoll said:
    My DH is convinced we are having a boy and I tell him every time he brings it up that he needs to set his expectations because if it's a girl I don't want him to not feel the same way he does right now thinking it's a boy. He says he will be happy if it's a girl too but he doesn't have to worry about it because it's a boy. I am to the point of just rolling my eyes now. We only have two days until our AS so we don't have to wait much longer (as long as baby cooperates)!
    Are you married to my husband? We have this EXACT conversation at least three times a week. "You know I'll still be happy if its a girl! But don't worry, its a boy".....Sigh....
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• Yeah. I'm having a hard time telling him to knock it off, because I know that it's his way of starting to feel connected to the baby. I think he'd been having a little bit of hard time up until that point. I don't want to ruin it! But at the same time, it's driving me a little nuts looking at all things pink, girly, and such when we don't know. I almost feel like I'd be letting him down if it was a boy at this point because he's been so attached to the idea of a girl lately.
    Sperm determines the sex of the baby. 
    Sperm may determine the sex of the baby, but that doesn't change feelings of letting someone down since the baby is growing in your body. I'm going through a bit of this, too, as the u/s tech and dr at our NT scan both predicted boy, and DH has been hoping we'd have a girl (he has a son). And there has been comments from my mom about "you're praying for a girl, right?" and "I don't know how to handle little boys!". 
    July Siggy Challenge: Summer Pool Fails

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP: 01.07.14 | Due Date: 09.17.14
  • No way! I totally though it was all on *me* to determine the gender! Well it's a relief that it's not my fault! :p

But yes, i am well aware the the baby's sex genes come from the sperm. He knows that too. He's not going to be upset with me, but like someone else said, I will feel like it is me letting him down somehow, even though scientifically, it's not in my control. 

Also I hit the "reply" button but i guess it didn't work so the original message that I'm replying to is not here... oh well.

• DH has been 100% this baby is a girl. We have 2 boys already so of course I want a girl :) We had an elective US @ 15 weeks and yes! It's a girl!

I had to have the elective US because I could not go another 5 weeks trying NOT to get my hopes set on a girl only to be told it was a boy and having to readjust my whole way of thinking. It was had because he was SO SURE it was a girl.

• I found out with DD at my NT scan and they ended up being right. I did refer to "it" as her after that but I held off on buying anything. The tech wouldn't even look this time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"