October 2014 Moms

Round Liagament Pain

Has anyone been experiencing round liagament pain? If so, how did you deal with it?

Re: Round Liagament Pain

• I've been experiencing it for a few weeks now, usually when I stand quickly or bend at my waist. I just deal with it, its definitely worse then the first and second pregnancies. And I thought it was bad with my second, likely because they've been stretched so many times? Dunno. But warm pads or Tylenol is safe to use otherwise I'd say get used I it cause it'll be around for awhile
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I told my amazing chiropractor I was having pain, thinking she'd give me some stretches to do... instead she gently massaged the sides of my belly and it eased significantly. If I didn't love her before, I definitely do now. She also suggested I do the cat and cow yoga poses daily and that seems to help too.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my first pregnancy. Not 100% sure if it's even that but all these aches and pains are frustrating lol
  •  

I've been experiencing it for a few weeks now, usually when I stand quickly or bend at my waist. I just deal with it, its definitely worse then the first and second pregnancies. And I thought it was bad with my second, likely because they've been stretched so many times? Dunno. But warm pads or Tylenol is safe to use otherwise I'd say get used I it cause it'll be around for awhile

this is me, too.  i tend to jump up off the couch quickly in reaction to DD's antics or stumbles and then POW!  it hurts for a couple seconds but then it's gone thank goodness. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a lot of RLP soon after my BFP...it subsided a bit...and is back with vengeance. It strikes when I get up too quickly and then subsides within a few minutes. I don't do anything other than tolerate the discomfort.
    BFP #1 (m/c at 9 weeks, 11/11) BFP #2 (DS, 12/11/12) BFP #3 (EDD 10/8/14)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I have been having a ton of RLP every time I sneeze or get up too quickly since about 8 weeks... It is definitely getting worse. Sometimes it takes me about 30 seconds to compose myself if I stand too quickly or if I sneeze. It just surprises me I've experienced it so early being my first pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Mine started pretty early. I know I had it before my first appointment at seven weeks. 
  • Yes, a few weeks back it was so bad that I thought I was having an ectopic pregnancy and had to go to the ER to rule it out...found out it was just twins causing a severe case of RLP. I have been doing acupuncture for that and morning sickness and am doing much better, but the nearly constant, sharp, stabbing pain was very hard to take for awhile.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • I had some at the beginning but its gone away. I'm entering the second tri so I know it's bound to come back. Right now I mainly get it when I wake up. I try to stretch and massage where it hurts but it doesn't always work.
    DD born August 17, 2010
    DS born October 13, 2014
    Baby #3 due March 2018

• I second the cat cow yoga pose, especially later in pregnancy.  My RLP generally goes away quickly, but with DD I had some pretty constant aches and pains toward the end.  I made a DIY heating pad by putting rice in a sock and sticking it in the microwave for a minute and it did the trick.

• I've definitely noticed it this time around. I don't really remember having any at all with my first, so it took me a while to figure out what it was. It was especially bad after I went jogging on Saturday. And I notice it when I cough, sneeze, or move too quickly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Warm/not hot compresses, and STAY HYDRATED!! I have them too, some days more than others. I also started having them really really early, I was surprised.

image image image

• I am also experiencing RLP. It feels like a combination of a side stich (from running), stabbing sensation, and aches. It radiates between the middle of my abdomen (south and to the side of my belly button) to my groin. Mine is on the left side. The pain doesn't seem to coincide with quick movement. Instead, it's been pretty constant and has been going on for about a week (since week 12). I've also noticed that my belly has grown this week as well which may explain the pain. I'm finding that hydration and yoga helps. Warrior one feels especially good. However, nothing has relieved it completely. I'm gonna ask the doc next week for suggestions.
  • I get them if I move too quickly or turn a certain way. They stink!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"