Infertility

Not related to IF...

...but who has gotten a bikini wax? lol I figure most of us on this board have built up a high tolerance for pain so I figured I'd ask here-is it really a terrible experience? I'm thinking about getting one before our cruise in a few weeks. :) Any advice?
Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
*Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*IVF (07/2013): BFP-Natural Miscarriage @ 5 weeks* <3 Madison Riley <3
*FET #1 (10/2013): BFN
*FET #2 (12/2013)- BFP-Missed Miscarriage at 8 weeks <3 Kyle Andrew <3
*Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
*FET #3 (04/2014) was cancelled after finding Chronic Endometritis
*Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3

Re: Not related to IF...

• DO IT!!

The first time I got one it hurt like a SOB, but it turned out that she had waxed off a skin tag...so...

What they sometimes do for first timers is to start with simply a bikini wax and if you tolerate that well, then they'll go ahead and take everything off.  Good times!!!
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• DO IT!!

The first time I got one it hurt like a SOB, but it turned out that she had waxed off a skin tag...so...

What they sometimes do for first timers is to start with simply a bikini wax and if you tolerate that well, then they'll go ahead and take everything off.  Good times!!!
    I love the enthusiasm! lol I've always shaved but I'm going on a week long cruise and after 2-3 days the stubble always comes back and drives me crazy! Does waxing really help it stay away longer?
    Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
    *Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
    *Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3
  • Loading the player...
  • I regularly get Brazilian waxes.  They aren't pleasant but it isn't the worst thing ever.  Take two Advil 30 mins prior and you will be fine.  Enjoy the cruise!

BFP #1: 1/4/13, EDD 9/8/13, Missed M/C confirmed 2/8/13, Misoprostol

2013: Three CPs w/ EDDs: EDD 2/10/14, EDD 3/24/14, EDD 6/24/14

IVF/ICSI #1 (Antagonist) - Jan 2014- 19R, 14M, 11F, 3 penguins (6BB, 4BB, 6BC)  PGD tested- All Normal!

IVF/ICSI #2 (Antagonist) - Feb 2014 - 23R, 11M, 10F, 1 penguin (3BB) - Another Normal!

FET #1 - March 26, BFN

FET #2- Beta #1 (9dp5dt) -332, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) -1027, EDD 1/30/2015, Missed M/C, D&C 6/19/14

IVF/ICSI #3 (Lupron Down Reg) - Oct 2014 - 38R, 28M, 27F, 20 frozen on day 5, 16 normal penguins!!

FET#3 - February 1, 2015, Prep begins 1/13

All Welcome!

• I used to wax myself, but now I go and get the whole shebang done by somebody else. Honestly, the waxing itself doesn't really hurt (for me anyways), but the tweezing afterwards does. I wasn't expecting that, so just a heads-up!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• For me, it grows back so quickly that I stopped getting them.  However, I'd totally do it again for a cruise.  It grows back in softer, too.  It won't be prickly like it is after shaving. 

You all have been through so much as a couple...it's a small gesture that says, "I am still your sexy wife." 

DO IT!!!!
    TTC since 08/2012

• I used to get brazillians, but have gone back to shaving because I really don't enjoy the growing out phase. 

Def go 2-3 days before your vacation- you will most likely be red and raw, and salt water will be the enemy LOL.

Do some research for salons in your area- all aestheticians are not created equally!  A pro should be able to have you bare (or as bare as you want to go) in 15 mins or less.  In my experience, the slower they go, the more painful it is!  (and in my experience, and this is graphic- my labia hurt waaay less that my pubic mound and the crease of my thigh.  And...I recommend getting the back end done as well, LOL.  It hurts the least IMO, HA!)

Have a great vacay and GL :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Ok follow up question...do you actually wear a bikini to this? lol (assuming you are only doing bikini and not the whole shabang? Or Should I prepare to drop everything like at the RE :D
    Our Novel of TTC:

• edited March 2014
    Drop it all :)

ETA- they may give you a paper thong to wear, but it's a waste IMO and just makes things more awkward, lol
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • SKLHSKLH member

@ronniesgirl OMG that gave me goosebumps. OUCH!!!!! lol

Me (28) DH (32)  Endometriosis                                                                                   IVF  #1 (1/2013) - 17 Retrieved, 16 Mature, 14 Fertilized- 2 transferred- BFN
    FET #1 (7/2013) - 2 embryos - BFN
    FET #2 (9/2013) - 2 emrbyos - BFN
    New RE. Fresh Start
    IVF  #2 (2/2014) - 25 Retrieved, 19 Mature, 16 Fertilized, 9 blasts.
                                 CGH Testing: 6 Normal
    FET #3 (4/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 35 Beta #2: 16 :(
    FET #4 (5/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 321!!! Beta #2: 727.9!
    6/5/2014 Heartbeat! 144bpm It's a girl!
    Due January!

• I've only ever been to the one shop, but she didn't even leave the room.  Just said strip from the waist down and hop up on the bed.  No paper undies for me!  Wear a longer shirt in case you have similar experience. 
    TTC since 08/2012

• For me, it grows back so quickly that I stopped getting them.  However, I'd totally do it again for a cruise.  It grows back in softer, too.  It won't be prickly like it is after shaving. 

You all have been through so much as a couple...it's a small gesture that says, "I am still your sexy wife." 

DO IT!!!!
    Yep, same for me - grows back softer.  I get them all the time.  My hair grows back too fast when I shave so I only wax.  Its not too painful and even if it does hurt, it only hurts for a couple seconds.  The place I went to uses soothing lotions so it doesn't feel too bad.  
  • gsanchogsancho member
    edited March 2014
    I just went today!  Lately I don't go as often, so it hurts a bit more than if you go regularly (every month or every other month).  I think the anticipation of the pain is the worst part.  

Every place is different - my lady just has me get nekked from the waist down.  No modesty!  She's seen my lady parts and booty at angles no one else has.  Other places I used to go to before had me a little more covered up, but they didn't get into all the crevases and didn't take as much off as I get done now.  

It may be good to start out with a french bikini wax or a "full" bikini wax.  French will leave a landing strip but not be as invasive as a brazilian (and they won't wax your booty).  Full will leave a smaller triangle than a traditional bikini wax.  

But I definitely think it's worth it, especially for a vacation!

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • One more tip - if you are not in 2ww, take advil (ibuprofen) 30 min before going.  It helps any pain.  Also - I have found my sensitivity changes depending on where I am in my cycle (more painful right around ovulation).  But overall it isn't really painful - unpleasant, yes - but with what we have all been through it is a piece of cake.  Good luck - and ENJOY your cruise!!
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
    IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
    IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
    IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"