April 2014 Moms

This would be so much easier if I didn't have to keep showing up at work

*sparky**sparky* member
edited March 2014 in April 2014 Moms

I am 38 weeks and really want this LO to stay in a little longer (DS was born at 37.5 weeks).  But work is driving me so insane I was almost wishing I would go into labor yesterday so I didn't have to come in today and deal with the dreaded comments.

Between everyone pushing me to get things done immediately so they don't have to do any work for me while I am out, people saying "haven't you had that baby yet?" and CW's I barely know telling me terrifying birth stories, I really don't want to come back here until after I've had this kid.  One C/W (who is overweight) said to me this morning "you're getting to be bigger than I am".  What an awesome way to start my day when I already feel like crap to begin with. 

I refuse to start my ML until I absolutely have to so I have as much post-baby leave as possible so I am just grinning and bearing it, but it is so hard not to TP someone at this point. 

Re: This would be so much easier if I didn't have to keep showing up at work

• Yeah that's why I left when I did. Good luck to you!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Sorry! Hang in there. The extra time with LO will be worth it :) good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, I think a lot of us can relate. Like the last few weeks aren't hard enough! TP to all the stupid comments- I don't know why people feel the need to share birth horror stories, sometimes I just want to respond with "why the fuck would you say that to me?" 
    Just (hugs) and hang in there- it's almost over!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The extra time with LO will be worth it :)

This is what I keep telling myself - it will be worth it!  But I think our office really needs to have a training session on what is appropriate to say to a PG woman.

• @BeesEverywhere - yeah, me too.  I mean, why do I need the graphic birth story of the woman whose last name I don't even know - we just say good morning at the coffee maker every day?

@PandaMom416 - yeah, I know what you mean.  My DH had a cold last week and you would have thought he was on his death bed.  Meanwhile I am carrying a pumpkin around in my uterus doing everything around the house and going to work every day.  There is no way he would survive a pregnancy.

• I work in retail so I'm constantly in the middle of a bunch of people who make rude comments or look at me like "how is she still managing to waddle around the store". My boss and employees are kind of starting to treat me like I'm a fragile little ornament, which is getting annoying. I just wanna have the baby and get this 8 week maternity leave on the roaddddd
  • I feel your pain. I get nothing but the nosey drivebys by all my c/w all day long. And if I'm 10 minutes late getting in, I get texts and emails....Did you have the baby???

Today I was chastised at my desk mid- lunch by a c/w who wanted to know why I was putting my child into daycare "so early" (at 4 months) and why I don't have any family here and will anyone be helping me? First, can I finish my lunch and second, if you want to donate a week of YOUR vacation time so I can stay home longer, then be my guest and third why do you give such a crap?!? So far no takers on the vacation time donations, but lots of unsolicited opinions.

Hang in there. I'm due April 16th so I have another 2 weeks to go if she doesn't decide to get here earlier!!
  • I feel ya, sister! My director and I are the only two that work in my department. We are BOTH pregnant and her due date was 4/21 (mine is 4/24)! Of course, her water breaks this morning and now I have to finish up her projects and my own before the babe comes! I'm happy to report, she's doing great, but I'm not sure I can handle this pressure. I selfishly was hoping I'd go first, but what can ya do? I need a nap.
  • Ugh, I think a lot of us can relate. Like the last few weeks aren't hard enough! TP to all the stupid comments- I don't know why people feel the need to share birth horror stories, sometimes I just want to respond with "why the fuck would you say that to me?" 

Just (hugs) and hang in there- it's almost over!
    I have actually said" why would you say that to a pregnant lady?" to a guy last week who was going on about complications. He just kept talking!! Idiot!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • I work in a small department that used to be relegated to a small, dark, quiet corner of the building. We recently got moved to a newly remodeled floor with an open floor plan and I have to ride the elevator up 10 floors. Every morning on the elevator I get the comments "still haven't dropped that baby yet?" and "shouldn't you be out of the office by now?". People I don't know come by my desk to tell me how uncomfortable I look. Gee thanks. I'm right there with you but it will be worth it with the extra outside baby time. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Soo over work! Not so much dealing with people's comments, just being on my feet all day running around. Its exhausting these days. But like everyone else says, I want as much time with baby girl as possible. Plus, I think I really would start to get bored especially if she doesnt end up coming for another three weeks. I'm 38 weeks now, hoping she will come soon!
  • That's exactly how I'm feeling. So hard to keep working!
  • My mom said that to me when I was pregnant w dd2. "Let me get a picture next to you so I look skinny." Wtf???
  • Someone said to me today "haven't you had that baby yet?" Uh yes, I gave birth yesterday. Last week was spring break so I had to hear "you look more pregnant". Well math says I'm 9 days more pregnant so congrats for noticing. I think Friday will be my last day regardless. I'm so sore by the end of the teaching day. I'm doing no one any good being there.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel the same way.  I am so uncomfortable and am not sleeping at all.  I work 12 hour shifts and my job is pretty stressful.  My BP has been a little high and the doctor mentioned the possibility of him writing me out of work at my next doctor's appointment (Thursday).  At first, I was hoping that wouldn't happen, but at this point, I want him to.  I work tomorrow and then have Wednesday and Thursday off.  If he decides to write me out, it would just be 3 days earlier and I think I could handle that.

Hope things get better at work and baby bakes a little longer!  :)

• I feel your pain I really do. I just try to remind myself that if I wasn't at work I would be sitting around (uncomfortable) and just waiting, likely making myself insane. At least work provides a distraction and keeps me busy. I am such a busy body that being home now would not do me much good.
  • There is a huge baby pool at work and coworkers are constantly approaching me about when I "need" to have the baby so that they can win the pot! "NEED"?! Don't these people understand how it works?!

Some coworkers are hounding me about when I will be taking ML. I am with a lot of you MTBs.....I want time POST pregnancy.....so I'll be there until I pop! Deal with it!
    On then plus side, a few.of the coworkers in my dept say that I still work faster and more efficiently than others in the bldg. That makes me feel good!
  • KHendy27 said:

My mom said that to me when I was pregnant w dd2. "Let me get a picture next to you so I look skinny." Wtf???

Wow. That is harsh.

• I have to prepare my mat maternity leave items (a lot-in advertising, hundreds of accounts) and have had weeks to do it. I'm too lazy to start, not how I normally am-just preggo, and of course the meeting (that I called) is tomorrow. It could happen anytime after I have this meeting and I would be fine. No motivation and just want to sleep all day. EDD is 4/30, this is going to suck isn't it. :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"