December 2014 Moms

Anyone else feel REALLY sick?

So, this is my second pregnancy (first was a M/C five years ago) and I definitely don't remember feeling this horrible. I'm extremely nauseous, getting migraines and feeling just terrible overall. I didn't need my positive test to know something was up but now that I know for sure, I am in a weird place where I hate how I feel but I'm also terrified for the symptoms to go away because I do NOT want to lose my baby. How normal is it to be constantly sick/headachey/exhausted and dizzy? I can't keep much food down for long and it's worrisome. My doctor's appointment isn't until mid April but should I try to get one earlier? I'm lucky that I'm actually between work and moving for school in a few months so I'm not crazy busy (working from home right now) so at least I can fall over when I need to. When does this fade? Should I be worried? Just posting this took a lot out of me so I'm gonna go lie down and look at the answers later. Thank you all for your help!
In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else feel REALLY sick?

• hellopartyof5hellopartyof5 member
    edited March 2014
    This is my first so I'm definitely not an expert, but if you're feeling that horrible - call the doc.  

Feel Better!

Edit: Clarifying
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • I'm so sorry to hear how poorly you are feeling. With my first pregnancy (M/C at 8 weeks), I had almost no symptoms except tiredness and incredibly bad heartburn. With my second (DD is now 1), I was sick like you are for the first 16 weeks and hospitalized twice for dehydration. It was a tough, tough pregnancy, but my little girl was born perfectly healthy. This time I feel great, just a little tired and very crampy. Every pregnancy really is completely different. 
  • Loading the player...
  • i'm sorry you're feeling so lousy already.  with DS i felt pretty awful all the time for about 9w (from about 5w-14w) and intermittently before and after that, but never to the point where i was actually throwing up...just suppressed appetite and feeling icky.  i hope it lets up a little.  if not, definitely talk to your doctor to see if you can get something for it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • MC522MC522 member
    Sorry you are so sick!!! If you are worried, a call to your OB wouldnt hurt! Hang in there! 
    Baby #4 on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't usually start feeling sick until about 6 weeks, but I've never been as sick as what you're describing. Definitely call your OB. 

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Apparently, the sicker you are, the more likely the pregnancy is sticky.

https://www.reuters.com/article/2010/10/06/us-morning-sickness-idUSTRE6955M720101006

I, of course, am only 4 weeks and feel just fine except for nasty constipation and twingy boobs, so I'm paranoid about not feeling sick. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm totally hoping for nausea, since that will mean everything's going okay in there.

BabyFetus Ticker

• CrashIntoMe1 mentioned) and stuff to watch out for. She did say that I should also go to the ER if I stop being able to keep down water and get really dehydrated. 

All of your answers were really helpful. I'm glad to hear others have been sick too and that every pregnancy is just gonna be different. I can't help but get paranoid that something is wrong after losing my first :(

valeriec80 Thank you for that link! It makes me feel better. Though I want to help you feel a bit better by saying that my sister-in-law who is due in just a week didn't have a single symptom until her belly started to grow. Lucky girl! So there's still a good chance that your babe is A. Okay.

Thank you all! 
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• CaraluvsCaraluvs member
    edited April 2014
    I had extreme morning sickness with my first two. It started before I even missed my period. The nausea has always been the inspiration for buying the test. So I did a lot of research this time. I read somewhere it can be caused by a lack of magnesium. So I've been taking magnesium, vd3, and gummy prenatals everyday with breakfast. They say eating protein helps vs. crackers. I made spinach quiche last week, and ate a square every morning. It's much more mouthwatering than a boiled egg. I haven't puked it up yet! Here is my morning sickness breakfast remedy recipe if anyone is interested: 

24 oz cottage cheese 
    10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained of excess moisture 
    10 eggs 
    1% fat shredded cheddar cheese, to preference. I think I usually blend in about a cup or two? 

This will fill a 9x13 dish, and will give you enough leftovers to share. It's actually double the recipe, because the 8x8 dish I did last week only held about 6 servings. My family was not happy with me for hoarding it, cause it smells so good while cooking. 

So, grease your dish. Blend the spinach with the cottage cheese. Add the scrambled eggs. Blend in some cheddar. If you have extra strength, some chopped, browned onion would be delicious as well. I skip crust because this is meant to be healthy. Heat in oven at 350 for at least an hour. You know it is done when the middle is firm. 

Tons of protein, calcium, and vitamins, and very little fat.
    Anniversary
  • MC522MC522 member
    Sounds so yummy!!
    Baby #4 on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"