September 2014 Moms

NBR My mom is retiring this year. I need gift ideas

I have 2 older brothers and 2 annoying SILs. For my father's retirement 7 years ago we all got together for a nice dinner at a restaurant and all pitched in on a gift. We bought him a Movado watch totaling about $500. So we each chipped in about $120 including my mom. 

Sooooo now Mom is retiring and of course I'm in charge of planning (nothing would be done if I left it to my brothers). Anyway, I talked to my dad over the weekend and told him some of my ideas. We agreed on a family lunch/pool party (since we now have 6 kids in the family & we don't just want to sit around a table). So now I need ideas for a gift. Of course my brothers are just like... "yeah we'll pitch in, just let us know". So something around $300-$500. I'm thinking NO on jewelry. Help please!!!!! 

Re: NBR My mom is retiring this year. I need gift ideas

• Is she tech savy and they are planning to travel after retirement?  Maybe get her a really nice camera set up.  I mention the tech savy because if she isn't a basic camera is like $100.  But if you get a nice Cannon with different lenses you could spend a lot on it.  We did this for a joint gift for a bride & groom from both wedding parties and they loved it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Speaking of travel, what about setting up a nice trip for your parents... just a weekend getaway to start their retirement together? With an extra spa treat for mom?
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I LOVE both of these ideas!!! Thanks @Expecting090114 & @bf43005 !!!
  • jmolrjmolr member
    how about an ipad?  My parents each have one and love it.  They use it to face time with my son.
    imageimage
  • jmolr said:
    how about an ipad?  My parents each have one and love it.  They use it to face time with my son.
    She already has one & yes is also loves it!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"