October 2013 Moms

April Fool's advice

H and I play little pranks on each other every year for April fool's. Some examples from the past...

I told my friends that H and I were engaged on April fool's then told him how funny I was. He said, "I pulled the same prank on our parents!" and went into a whole story about it and I believed him.

Another year he told me it was super awkward when he ran into my mom while he was buying condoms.

Last year when it was almost midnight he stood up and suddenly fell down and pretended he broke his ankle tripping over one of DD1's toys.

I need something for this year - and not one that he's going to turn around on me easily.

Tomorrow will be my first day in the office, if that helps. I was also thinking of telling him I'm KU, but I don't think he'd be fooled for a second.
Also, and I might post about this separately, but an ex-boyfriend of mine sent me a pic of me and him from a million years ago through Facebook and said it was "throwback Thursday" and that I looked cute. I showed it to DH when I got it. I didn't respond but I wonder if there's something I can do with that. (The guy is married and I'm sure he'd be up for playing a prank, but I don't think his wife would be too thrilled with it so I probably won't go too far with that.)

Any ideas?

#weresolame #ineedahobby #ihaveamajordeadlinetodayandcantfocusatall

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: April Fool's advice

• I don't have any ideas, but I will be watching this thread because I want to do something to MH.

But I think I might do the whole "buy some donuts and fill them with mayonnaise" bit. However, we never have donuts so I don't know if he'll fall for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ahh I want to prank my S/O soo bad.  He is terrible at taking pranks so it has to be really good.I'm trying to find some ideas, so here are some ones I like:

Okay, so there is cream cheese deodorant LOL gross; I saw candy "apples" but they are onions!; like the saran wrap and toilet, there is one where you put it across the top of the door; and finally, the rubber band around the sink hose (this one may actually work for me).

• My stepdad is the king of April Fools Day! My sisters know to stay away from their house for fear of falling victim to one of his pranks. In the past he has:
    *filled kitchen/bathroom cabinets full of little bouncy balls

*dipped cotton balls in chocolate and passed them off as bonbons (he's taken these to work on numerous occasions to the point that whenever he brings food, no one trusts him enough to try it first)

*the rubber band around sink sprayer

*somehow messed with my moms toothbrush one year

*reprogrammed all of my moms car radio buttons

There's a million more, but can't think of anything else...
  • The pee one is a mess. But it got DH really good last year. He cleaned it up. but he got me later. That butt! 

I want to try the candy onion, but I think he would be very suspicious of them. lolz
    :-?
    It seems really easy.  I may do it because my S/O probably won't be suspicious.  I think I can double prank him with the sink hose...  You gotta mention it casually today how you have a craving for a candy apple so then when tomorrow rolls around it'll look like you're just succumbing to your sweet tooth.  

• Why are all the ones I can think of mean?!? As in you're not the father... mean and not funny! I've never been one for April fools pranks so I guess this is why...
  • These are AWESOME! I would definitely have to clean the pee so that's out. He'd kill me for waking him up early considering how little sleep we're getting, but that might work.

I LOVE the popper idea. I don't know if I'll be able to get them today, but I might do that even if it's NOT April Fool's. #illprobablybethefirstonetosit

One year, my brother was brushing his teeth and I said, "Oh that's your toothbrush? I thought it was my toothbrush." For half an hour he was asking, "Did you really? Have you or have you not used this toothbrush?"

• @jmakhomenka - I'm a little worried your H will hate you after all that. :)

• Ah! April Fools is my LEAST favorite day of the year! I am so gullible! I try to avoid social media.

Last year we waited until April 2nd to let people know we were expecting (we had an appt on the 1st and everything looked good), but people thought we were belatedly trying to April Fools them.

(But I wouldn't pretend like that about pregnancy. Many of my friends have posted lately about how those tricks are insensitive to those struggling with infertility and/or loss. Not worth risking causing pain.)
  • RedZee said:

@jmakhomenka - I'm a little worried your H will hate you after all that. :)

Lol. I'll start small and see how he is after work. If he's not super exhausted and annoyed, IT'S ON! Plus, there's nothing a good bj can't fix (in case he gets super pissed, but for emergencies only)
  • I did baby powder in the hair dryer one year to dh, when he turned it in he was dusted with a cloud of white.
    And changed his ring tone to fart noises. Now he is always on silent though so it wouldn't be any fun.
  • I did baby powder in the hair dryer one year to dh, when he turned it in he was dusted with a cloud of white.
    And changed his ring tone to fart noises. Now he is always on silent though so it wouldn't be any fun.

I love the hair dryer one! I think MH would think I broke his hair dryer though.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• @chelseyestelle‌ Yep everyday. His hair can get pretty oily looking if he doesn't dry it.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Wait, what? Your husbands blow dry their hair? Am I reading this correctly? @Jenball717‌ @Jalee85‌

Mine does too. I taught him to after we got married. He does it to get his hair to go up in the front a little bit. That way he doesn't have to put any product in his hair. It is always soft and ready for me to run my fingers through it!
    That is so crazy to me! My husband doesn't use any product. He has super thick hair but I guess it just dries really fast!

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Yes, he uses the blow dryer and product every day that he has to work. Otherwise his hair dries a little "fluffy", I call him my fuzz head. His hair is super straight and pretty thick so even though it is short, it needs some taming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"