July 2012 Moms

Long night - update

apollonia10apollonia10 member
edited April 2014 in July 2012 Moms
So last night I started having contractions around 3 min apart. My OB told me to go to the hospital, so I did. They monitored me for 2 hours, the contractions stayed regular, but I'm not dilated at all. So they think it's very early labor, and sent me home to rest. Contractions are still very regular but they don't want me back until they're worse or my water breaks. It seems crazy to me that I can have such frequent contractions with no dilation!

UPDATE: I saw my OB after having the same contractions all day, and he's confident that I'm not in labor. My cervix is still closed and high, and the contractions haven't changed, so he doesn't think it's time yet. He did recommend a glass of wine to calm the contractions down, but I'm undecided on that, lol. Thanks for all of your thoughts; hopefully baby can stay put a little longer!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Long night - update

• :O
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope the contractions stop soon. Sending positive thoughts your way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • So last night I started having contractions around 3 min apart. My OB told me to go to the hospital, so I did. They monitored me for 2 hours, the contractions stayed regular, but I'm not dilated at all. So they think it's very early labor, and sent me home to rest. Contractions are still very regular but they don't want me back until they're worse or my water breaks. It seems crazy to me that I can have such frequent contractions with no dilation!

UPDATE: I saw my OB after having the same contractions all day, and he's confident that I'm not in labor. My cervix is still closed and high, and the contractions haven't changed, so he doesn't think it's time yet. He did recommend a glass of wine to calm the contractions down, but I'm undecided on that, lol. Thanks for all of your thoughts; hopefully baby can stay put a little longer!
    Have that glass of wine!! Doctor recommended!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"