October 2013 Moms

Blood in Stool

He seems happy and normal otherwise. No fever or spit up. For the past few days his diapers have had streaks of red blood mixed in with the stool. H took him to the hospital on Saturday, and they said it could be a fissure. They said it should heal within a few days. Today, he has more blood than before. We have an appointment tomorrow with his pediatrician. Also, we have been supplementing with formula for 2 months now. Could he have an allergy that took a while to surface? Has anyone else had experience with this situation? I am confused and a little disturbed. 

image  Lilypie - (E5mQ)

Re: Blood in Stool

• It took that long for my lo allergies to result in blood in the stool initially, so yes I would think that it is highly likely to be the cause.
  • Thanks for the response. I am going to ask his pediatrician about allergies if she doesn't mention it.

image  Lilypie - (E5mQ)

• Loading the player...
  • Arod1087Arod1087 member
    edited March 2014
    A few other moms said there LO got that from pushing too hard. Is your LO eating solids?

Edit-fat fingers pushed publish
  • Arod1087 said:
    A few other moms said there LO got that from pushing too hard. Is your LO eating solids? Edit-fat fingers pushed publish
    Nope. Not yet. Just BM and formula for now. His poops are still pretty runny, but can be explosive at times.
    image  Lilypie - (E5mQ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"