February 2014 Moms
Options

Monday Morning Whine (Wine?) Fest

This isn't really deserving of a thread of its own because its been discussed, but I wanted to whine and figure that I'm probably not the only one on this icky Monday morning (here anyways...its snowing...ugh).

We had dinner with my family last night and my mother asked how he was sleeping.  N is pretty awesome (I think) and will sleep from about 9-2 and then from 2:30-5 or 6ish.  He's 8 weeks old.  For the most part he can self soothe, but sometimes if he spits his binky out he'll fuss until one of us replaces it.  I'm not worried about it.  My mom commented that we should start sleep training him and that a guy she worked with started CIO with his 2 month old and she'll sleep for 7 hours now.  Oh, but it was okay because he sat in the room with her the whole time she cried.  Uhhhh, no.

Why are we so obsessed with getting our LOs to STTN before their ready?  And why is this the marker of being a "good" parent for so many?  DS1 didn't truly sleep through the night for a while, but you know what?  He's a great sleeper now and loves his bed and bedtime.  It's his safe place.  Why would I want to potentially create negative feelings about that already?  Babies aren't supposed to sleep through the night...they're babies.  And since I'm the one who's up with him in the MOTN and I don't care then why do others? 

I'm all about setting healthy sleep habits and allowing babies to learn how to self soothe, but if I put my 2 month old into his crib when he's drowsy but awake and he starts to shriek you can bet that I'm going to pick him up and snuggle him until he calms down.  And don't tell me that I'm spoiling him....I'm not and you're a cold bitch. 

*end rant*

What's your Monday morning whine?

Re: Monday Morning Whine (Wine?) Fest

• Options
    @DreamingBabies My male cat used to do this because he didn't realize his butt was hanging out.  We got a covered litter box the biggest size it came and that helped.
  • Options
    DS1 and I are both having pants issues.  He's getting too tall for 2T, but 3Ts are still enormous on him.  One size of my work pants are too big and sloppy, but the next size down are too tight in the waist and ass.

I pump three times at work but only remembered two sets of bottles (I usually bring that and one set of the Medela storage bags).  I think I have a solution figured out, but I'm annoyed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bribbon said:
    @Firefly9‌, my DD1 chronically has the same issue with pants. The "slim" sizes at Children's Place fix the issue. I buy for length, and they are cut narrower in the waist/hips than the standard sizes. Online only, though :( Not sure if they make slim T sizes, but it may be worth checking!
    Thanks!  I've been picking up a few pairs of jeans at Mom2Mom sales, but they've all been too wide and too short (luckily, I've gotten them for $1 each).  I might have to just order some online.  We have had good luck with them in the past.

• Options
    Oh good. I need to bitch and didn't want to be an AW and do one just for my probs.

DH and I have an agreement that we each get some alone time every other weekend and on alternating weekends we go out on a date together. I had already told him that I was going to take the kiddos shopping with his mother for a good chunk of time on Saturday ( which that right there should be double points b/c MIL). He called and asked if he could go out for drinks after work on Friday and in exchange I could go get a pedicure Sun. Fine, thought I would be able to do that anyway b/c of leaving him alone Sat but he just switched groups at work and I know he was excited to hang out with new people so I said yes. He said he would be home by 5:30-6 since they were leaving at 3:30. He texts me later to say it might be more like 7 and I text back saying that the baby was crying constantly and the toddler was being crazy and I needed him home. No response. 6:45 rolls around and still no DH. I call to see and he is still at the bar b/c he "lost track of time". How the fuck do you lose track of time when you are a 30 year old professional with a $4000 watch on your wrist?!? Of course we fought Friday night because of this.

He was pissy pretty much all weekend but then Sunday afternoon rolls around and I mentioned I might just take a nap for my alone time since LO has been so congested it's been hard for her to sleep so I haven't been sleeping (he does not ever get up with her). I go upstairs to take said nap, actually fall asleep fairly quickly (that NEVER happens for me) and he comes upstairs and yells what the Fuck?!? at me! He then tells me the baby has been crying for 15 minutes. I told him I'm taking a nap and that he needs to deal with it. I then hear the baby continue to cry and go downstairs. He watching TV and letting her cry. WTF? I take her with me and yell at him, not for the first time, that you can't let a 2 month old CIO.

Then Sunday evening both girls are in tears and having trouble getting to sleep so we are trading back and forth and whoever is with him is just crying so I'm constantly having to calm and soothe. It was a mess and because tired and no alone time even harder! And he got like 8 hours of alone time AND slept through the night both nights and he is the cranky one!

The crankiness continued this am when he swore at DD1. I let him have it, I am so pissed at him right now.

TL;DR, my H is a short tempered, inconsiderate asshole.
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options
    armalan12 said:

Jumping on the sleep rant. I'm also sick of people without children telling me my 10 week can't rule my life. I'm sorry I don't want to get a sitter every weekend or keep my kid out super late all the time. Only I'm not sorry. I'm plenty social and this kid will be calling the shots for a bit. So go ahead and live in your fantasy world where you will live your same life with a child.

This. Last night we had a family birthday celebration at my ILs. I fed her on demand and we left at 7pm after she had been fussy for 45+ minutes after being over stimulated by the whole visit. My FIL kept telling me to let her cry and that we should make her adapt to our schedule. Sorry dude-at 5/6w, if she's crying she needs something and I'm going to attend to it. And we are all happier and sleep better when we stick to LO's schedule-not ours. #sorrynotsorry
  • Options
    My whine- I've been sleeping on and off since about 2pm yesterday afternoon. It's now 7am. Sounds kinda good, huh? Nope. Because migraine. I felt fine Saturday and we took DS1 and LO to the park to fly kites and then we went to La Jolla Beach to chill on the rocks for a while. (California is lovely, but I'm actually jealous of you ladies who are getting snow. The news just said possible snow in the mountains on Wednesday and I'm already thinking of ways to get to go. It sucks not having real seasons.) Fast-forward to yesterday, we went over to the little local private airport where we live to let DS1 watch the planes land and take off and as soon as we got there I got hit with a migraine. I literally slept from that moment until just now. (Minus waking up to feed LO. DH was amazing and took care if everything else.) Pulsing, pounding, throbbing, blurred vision, dizzy. Guess who isn't doing a damn thing today but sitting on the couch?

This Momma. Right here. :-\"
  • Options
    Excellent post. I'm feeling whiny. I shouldn't be because it's sunny and I'm having lunch with a friend. But I am.

1. The trash collectors left our tote on the middle of the driveway. This means to leave my house I'm going to have to schlep us down to get it and haul it up the driveway.

2. DH won't be home until 9, which basically means I'm totally on my own today. This after he wasn't super helpful yesterday. I tried to take an hour to bake and be on my own. He decided that would be a perfect time to do his mother's taxes. Apparently that meant he couldn't soothe LO or get up to pop the paci back in his mouth. Picture me tossing an ingredient in the mixer and then having to go into the living room to keep LO happy. Not such a relaxing baking hour.

3. And I hate when people ask about lo's sleep or if he's eating enough. If he was sttn, he wouldn't be eating enough. How's that for ironic?
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    @utpony‌ sorry if this is nosy (!!) but did you tear and have you had your pp dr appt yet? I was feeling/having the same issues and turns out I was allergic to the stitches and didn't heal correctly... Just a thought. 
    I would like to whine about the bump not letting me format paragraphs anymore. And the military base we live by blasting artillery so loud it shakes the house and wakes up the baby.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    @utpony‌ Oh my... Well I am wincing while I type this. She had to dig/cut them out then cauterize the areas. It was fucking horrible. HOWEVER- I had like 4 that didn't heal. With your amount I would assume they would numb you. If not, ask if they can. I will say that I felt so so so much better tho. Even by the next day. Either way the pain was worth it. Good luck!!
  • Options
    I'm a terrible mom, or at least that is how my co-workers are making me feel.

Today is my first day back to work(Lo is 8 weeks), and I didn't have a bit of guilt leaving him at home with my MIL, but now all my co-workers keeping asking me how rough it was to leave him and why am I back to work full time, I should be doing part time.

I don't even have a desire to check on LO. I'm really enjoying being back at work. I know its not right but it makes me feel "normal". WTF, now I'm depressed because I think there is something wrong with me.
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • Options
    I'm back at work today for the first time...and youse guise, this is not okay. I'm an anxious MESS. Willa had her 2 month shots on Friday and she's just not been herself since. 

Stupid work, stupid shots, stupid Monday.

:(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Firefly9 said:
    bribbon said:
    @Firefly9‌, my DD1 chronically has the same issue with pants. The "slim" sizes at Children's Place fix the issue. I buy for length, and they are cut narrower in the waist/hips than the standard sizes. Online only, though :( Not sure if they make slim T sizes, but it may be worth checking!
    Thanks!  I've been picking up a few pairs of jeans at Mom2Mom sales, but they've all been too wide and too short (luckily, I've gotten them for $1 each).  I might have to just order some online.  We have had good luck with them in the past.
    Even better, Children's Place has a sale today AND free shipping.  Two pair of jeans for 15!  Yay!  Thanks for reminding me of their jeans :)

• Options
    Rotu101 said:
    I'm a terrible mom, or at least that is how my co-workers are making me feel.

Today is my first day back to work(Lo is 8 weeks), and I didn't have a bit of guilt leaving him at home with my MIL, but now all my co-workers keeping asking me how rough it was to leave him and why am I back to work full time, I should be doing part time.

I don't even have a desire to check on LO. I'm really enjoying being back at work. I know its not right but it makes me feel "normal". WTF, now I'm depressed because I think there is something wrong with me.
    Don't feel guilty! We left B with my parents at 3 weeks old for our first date after baby for like 7 hours. I didn't check up with them. I had a great time! It's okay to be a mess and its ôkay to be okay :)
  • Options
    DH and I have a good system worked out for the nights. He does all MOTN diaper changes and rocks DS to sleep after I've fed him. I have no problem waking DH up at 3:30/4 in the morning. I say his name once or twice and he's up asking what needs to be done. But at 10:30 pm? I can't wake him for anything! After he gets DS ready for bed he goes to sleep while I nurse DS. For some reason after that he's impossible to wake up, and it drives me crazy. He will open his eyes, respond to me, and then roll over and start snoring. It's such a PITA that I don't even want to ask him to help, but then that creates more problems because I get annoyed that he's not helping. It's a catch 22. Ok, vent over.
  • Options
    @bribbon and @beachmommy1029 thank you so much for the support and kind words.

It's hard when other people's words play up on your own insecurities, and make you second guess yourself.

Also, I totally agree with you on the PT not really being a good work/life balance in certain feilds. I knew that it would not work well for me, so I just bit the bullet and went back FT.
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • Options
    utpony said:
    @Beachmommy1029‌ - that sounds terrible! So sorry you had to go through that!

It's all good- I was just so relieved that they figured out what was wrong. My intuition told me it wasn't normal. I really hope you get some relief tomorrow.
  • Options
    Rotu101 said:
    @bribbon and @beachmommy1029 thank you so much for the support and kind words.

It's hard when other people's words play up on your own insecurities, and make you second guess yourself.

Also, I totally agree with you on the PT not really being a good work/life balance in certain feilds. I knew that it would not work well for me, so I just bit the bullet and went back FT.

@rotu101 - I hear ya, mama. There was never any doubt that I'd go back to work full time, and honestly, I haven't been dreading it at all. I also felt zero guilt about it, because I know that daycare will be good for her AND for me. Try not to let your coworkers guilt you! 

BUT...it would have been a whole lot easier if LO was feeling happy and healthy today, which I know she isn't. She's been fussy, and gassy, and clearly not happy all weekend, which continued into today. It's breaking my heart to know she's not feeling 100%! 

As soon as she's better, I'm sure it'll be easier to be here...and I think the more I do it, the more natural it'll feel. I hope the same goes for you. (hugs)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so tired of people asking/commenting about how LO is sleeping, is he a good baby (wtf kind of question is that?), where is he while I'm at work and it must be so hard to leave him. There are no "right" answers to these questions. I just give a very short answer and move on because tired.

My whine: I caught the wretched stomach virus from DS1. I feel so awful and I'm afraid LO will end up with it. But all I can do is wash my hands and keep nursing him.

• Options
    My whine: MIL watched LO Saturday so we could go out. Sunday, the crying baby was making MH's hangover worse so he went and took a two hour nap downstairs and hid out down there the rest of the day, leaving my equally tired self to handle an extremely cranky baby.
  • Options
    My whine: MIL watched LO Saturday so we could go out. Sunday, the crying baby was making MH's hangover worse so he went and took a two hour nap downstairs and hid out down there the rest of the day, leaving my equally tired self to handle an extremely cranky baby.
    Seriously? What the hell?
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • Options
    My whine: I feel like poop, I keep reminding myself that it won't be the last time I will be sick with a baby so I need to suck it up.

Then there's my bf who woke up this morning complaining about how he is now sick. Well at least you got to sleep for nine hours straight, I'm sure you feel better then me.

FWIW I have a really good baby who I feel like knows I'm sick because all she wants to do is cuddle. FX she doesn't get sick.
  • Options
    My whine for Monday/Tuesday am: MH PISSED me off last night. LO wants to comfort nurse from like 7-9 every night. I allow it for awhile but not the entire time bc nipples. Last night MH was "comforting" him by saying "I know buddy, but mommy doesn't want to feed you again..oh I know baby, but daddy can't help" and handed him back to me. After 30 min of screaming I finally gave him a boob and cried when he latched. Like ugly cry bc holy crap it was awful. MH didn't do a f-ing thing to comfort me, he didn't say a word. Then says "I'll sleep out here tonight so you can be comfortable" which was code for "I want to sleep undisturbed on the couch while you listen to LO grunt all night". I told him he needs to sleep in the bedroom. I go to lay down after LO is asleep and husband said "Just so you know I took two benedryl" What the actual fuck?! I had been up since 4am with one 30 min nap and didn't fall asleep until almost midnight bc of his benedryl induced coma caused him to snore like a freakin train..... Vent over. Ps I love MH but SO wanted to TP him last night
    Your desire to TP your DH is completely understandable! He was being a complete jackass!
      Absolutely agree. What the hell was he thinking?
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • Options
    shellbell3845shellbell3845 member
    edited April 2014

My target doesn't have a Starbucks inside of it. I need caffeine while I shop! Now I have to decide if it's worth stoping twice since the Starbucks on the way to Target isn't a drive through.

Is that even a question? Of course it's worth it. ;-)
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

My target doesn't have a Starbucks inside of it. I need caffeine while I shop! Now I have to decide if it's worth stoping twice since the Starbucks on the way to Target isn't a drive through.

Worth it. Pick one up for me too, okay?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My whine, the closest town with a Starbucks and a Target is a 50 min drive away! Boo
  • Options
    I just have one FREAKN whine... When the hell is it going to be warm outside. So tired of the below 40 temps and the freezing rain if no snow!! Just want to step out with no jacket, breathe some fresh air and take a walk without worrying about getting cold.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"