July 2014 Moms

~*MMBF*~

13»

Re: ~*MMBF*~

• tundrabunny said:

Somehow, people refuse to understand that if you in order to earn overtime, you have to work a full 40 hours first. Sick leave does not count as worked hours, sorry.
    It does where I work. In fact, I once saw a guy get suspended for an 8 hr day but work enough hours that week to get 10 hrs of overtime. I'm sure he learned his lesson. **eyeroll**

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Dammit McDonald's do NOT mess with the pregnant gals food. A plain cheeseburger is easier then a regular cheeseburger, how the fuck did you mess that up? I am so not in the mood to deal with your shit today. 

I will never go on vacation with my MIL ever gain. The whole thing was such a massive train wreck. 

She made a rental car reservation and they told her it would be $600ish bucks total with everything. 
    But the quote they gave me says $850 something, I do not have an extra $250 bucks for this damn rental car. She says to just tell them that they said it was $600. Yea, i can totally see that working. NOT. 

Plus she made the reservation at the airport, there are at least 20 rental car places between the airport and where we live, why the hell couldn't she have picked one of those. I tried to make reservations somewhere cheaper/for a cheaper model but she just had to have that damn Tahoe, which she spent all weekend bitching about. 

And then she had the audacity to ask my DH to stay over at their house last night. I really wish she would just make some big transgression and we could go back to ignoring her, instead of just annoying the shit out us with all her minor issues. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• I am so annoyed with my boss. She brags about being so reliable. Yet Friday, someone gave her an important, 1 of a kind document to give to me when she saw me that day... She forgot. So today, after hunting down the missing document and finding out my boss is the last person to have had it, the person who gave it to her says "remember I gave you that document Friday", my boss looks at the ceiling and goes "um, no, I don't. I must have given it to "a" staff (implying she can't remember which staff she gave it to)." Then, boss tells me to go search through the staff closet where they put their purses. WTF?! I look at the person, and in front of my boss I say "please don't ever give anything to her again that is intended for me." Ahhhhhh I want to scratch everyone's eyes out today!
  • Somebody seriously pissed in my husband's cheerios this morning, and his attitude is making me SO glad he just left for work. He was going to call and make our 3d ultrasound appointment, since its his schedule we have to work around, but when the first place I gave him a number for fell through, he was somehow incapable of looking up somewhere else and trying again. Now guess who gets to call and attempt to schedule it?
    Then I come home, and he asks me in a rather snotty way what I'm planning on doing with my evening, and what I'm doing with the 3 totes of stuff sitting by the back door. I moved them there because they need to go to the garage, and I am incapable of carrying them there (which I told him weeks ago) so I've been waiting for either someone else to take them there, or for the weather to clear so I could scoot them out myself. And he also left me a full laundry basket to drag up the stairs, which is next to impossible for me because of the baby gate we have up to keep the animals out of our room.
    Seriously, he's done so well for most of this pregnancy, but today, he's on my shit list.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My FIL made a comment saying that soon DH would be sleeping on the couch. DH asked why that was and FIL just said because soon I would be too big for him to fit in our bed and then laughed at his joke. Please keep in mind that FIL is 6-4 and at least 400lbs so he has no room to talk and I am usually a size 6 or 8 prepregnancy.

DHs family also insists on calling our baby a really stupid nickname and we've asked them to stop but instead they just do it more. I could get over it if it was just a comment here or there but theyve gotten other people doing it too.

I am glad they live 9 hours away. Our occasional skype conversations are enough for me. Then they wonder why I am so quiet when we do talk. Maybe its because I have some self control and tact and if I open my mouth you wont like my rebuttal to your offensive jokes.
    First Baby and a complete surprise.
    Hubby has decided to be team green so we are driving friends and family crazy!
  • Artistmom30Artistmom30 member
    edited March 2014
    I haven't really spoken to H today bc we got into a huge fight yesterday. He has this way of badgering and guilting me into doing things for his family. I do stuff for his family all the time but sometimes I just want to be able to say no. If I ever did say no, I'd be the "asshole" who won't help out his family. If I hint at not wanting to do something, he says "so do you want me to tell them no?" in a "I can't believe you would say no" way. I yelled at him yesterday for that and ever since then, he's tried to act like nothing happened instead of acknowledging he's hurt me and made me angry. What a crappy day.

Edit: for clarification.
  • My students have to be lined up and ready for dismissal at 3:10.... at 3:03 my classroom phone rings and the secretary tells me to "gather all of _______'s supplies and materials because she is withdrawing from the school" and the principal will be down to collect her. So I manage to get as much as possible together (there's only 10 weeks left ffs) AND all my other kids ready to leave. I find out after dismissal that the girl might be back tomorrow because the mother only withdrew her because she was mad at the principal. Mom came to get her at 3 (school rule says if you come at 3 or later, you have to wait for the last bell to ring unless it is an emergency), and got mad when the principal was going to make her wait 10 mins. SO she completely withdrew her daughter from the school. Honestly, with how many of my students behave, I am not surprised by this parent behavior. Kids learn from the ones that raise them! (I want my way and I want it now!)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • @literachick, I'm so sorry...to have something promising whipped away when you're particularly vulnerable seems so unfair. Hang in there!!

• Sitting in the waiting room at the perinatologist. The last several appts have gone quickly and I barely waited at all...so of course the day I don't bring my kindle I am still sitting here waiting. Grrr...
    I read this originally as "sitting in the waiting room at the paleontologist" 

& that is what happens at every doctor's appt for me. The past few times I suddenly had to go potty upon getting to the appointment, and was immediately called upon getting into the bathroom. 
    imageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • PalanPalan member
    bunny0711 said:
    I just had a client come at me telling me to use 3 different style guides on 3 different days because doing the same work over and over again is fun.

get your shit together.
    We have this happen at work all the time. It's so frustrating. And, of course, the client always wants you to still deliver based on the original timing. Sometimes I let it slide the second time if I like the client but if it goes beyond that I am, for certain, charging for an extra round of revisions. 

Are we working with the same clients? Mine keep making changes, every round of reviews they bring in a new person who thinks it's their duty to find the most unimportant thing to change, which mean moving timelines for 4 different departments. We are 3 months behind on this final deliverable, I HAVE TO get this off my plate.
  • @LiteraChick‌ big hug to you around your belly. With me being 5'1", that's probably as far as I can reach to give you a hug :)

And chin up. I know this is discouraging but the next door that's opened for you guys will be better than the one that just closed.
  • Sitting in the waiting room at the perinatologist. The last several appts have gone quickly and I barely waited at all...so of course the day I don't bring my kindle I am still sitting here waiting. Grrr...
    I read this originally as "sitting in the waiting room at the paleontologist

& that is what happens at every doctor's appt for me. The past few times I suddenly had to go potty upon getting to the appointment, and was immediately called upon getting into the bathroom. 
    hahaha

Ahh...perhaps I should try the bathroom trick. It's like when you're at a restaurant and want your food to come :)

image image
  • I can feel the restless legs syndrome kicking in. Ugh. I hate it. I had it with DD so bad I had to take lunesta the last 13 weeks of my pregnancy. This time it is starting sooner and I really don't want to have to drug up. Grrrr.

• hrgwu2006 said:

I got in the fender bender on the way home today and the douchebag that hit me did not pull over when I did - he kept driving!! The damage was minor and I am perfectly fine but I could not let that jerk get away with what just happened.  BTW, a hit and run is a felony in Texas. I think I deserve a hot fudge sundae after this mess of a day!

Don't people know not to mess with Texas! Especially, a pregnant girl in or from Texas. You should have gotten his license plate number. I know a few sheriffs in town!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• AMcLaws said:

My niece was born yesterday, but my family has been banned from meeting her. HUGE family drama for nothing. Basically our families don't get along. And SIL's family was invited down to the hospital, and we were told we weren't welcome. (I was welcome to come take pictures. When I explained that my family has been sick, so we weren't planning on coming...brother flipped out. Called me a selfish brat and said I'll never meet her. EXCUSE me for not wanting to expose new baby and MANY OTHERS to the crap we've been dealing with!)

So now my parents are heartbroken and fighting (because my mom cut off brothers phone, that they pay for. Because he's an inconsiderate punk and treats her like shit all the time. It's been a LONG time coming!) and my dad reactivated it.

So much freaking drama. I'm so over it!!!!

(Sorry if formatting goes crazy. I'm on mobile!)

Sorry your going through this. I have a TON of family drama myself right now. Sucks! I hope things getter better for you soon!

• It's technically Tuesday here, but FRICK, I'm uncomfortable, orca sized and REALLY grouchy.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• hrgwu2006 said:

I got in the fender bender on the way home today and the douchebag that hit me did not pull over when I did - he kept driving!! The damage was minor and I am perfectly fine but I could not let that jerk get away with what just happened.  BTW, a hit and run is a felony in Texas. I think I deserve a hot fudge sundae after this mess of a day!

Don't people know not to mess with Texas! Especially, a pregnant girl in or from Texas. You should have gotten his license plate number. I know a few sheriffs in town!

Oh I did! I was on the phone with my sister and had her write it down. Then he got stopped at a red light and snapped a picture. His day is coming...
  • chrinikki1 said:
    I am so annoyed with my boss. She brags about being so reliable. Yet Friday, someone gave her an important, 1 of a kind document to give to me when she saw me that day... She forgot. So today, after hunting down the missing document and finding out my boss is the last person to have had it, the person who gave it to her says "remember I gave you that document Friday", my boss looks at the ceiling and goes "um, no, I don't. I must have given it to "a" staff (implying she can't remember which staff she gave it to)." Then, boss tells me to go search through the staff closet where they put their purses. WTF?! I look at the person, and in front of my boss I say "please don't ever give anything to her again that is intended for me." Ahhhhhh I want to scratch everyone's eyes out today!

@chrinikki1

If your boss is really a man, then we work for the same danged person. I get so sick of hearing how he gave me stuff & then blames me for losing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"