October 2013 Moms

Ug...rolling

So all of a sudden DS is a rolling machine! It's super cute, but he only goes back to belly and then gets pissed because he can't figure out how to roll back once he's tired. I see myself dealing with a fussy baby until he works it out. Anyone else here too?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Ug...rolling

• This is my DS exactly. Most of our play time consists of him proudly rolling over and then fussing until I flip him back and then repeat. I'm guessing he hasn't learned cause and effect yet or he wouldn't keep putting himself in that position, lol. At least it seems like he is getting stronger on his tummy.
    BFP #1 - 12/30/12 - EDD 9/13/13 - CP

BFP #2 - 2/13/13 - EDD 10/24/13 - born 10/29/13 - Kian Edward

BFP #3 - 7/16/15 - EDD 3/27/16 - born 3/23/16 - Liam James

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine goes both ways but drives me crazy when I'm trying to change her diaper or get her dressed. She is constantly trying to roll away and it makes changing her diaper really hard!
  • Loading the player...
  • rsigler said:

We went through this a couple weeks ago. It was a rough 3 or 4nights of constant wake-ups, but luckily, she figured out quickly that she can fall back asleep once she's on her belly. It took me a week of checking on her constantly to make sure she was ok with breathing while sleeping on her belly (which she was because she has really good neck strength and head control). Now, we put her down on her back and she typically rolls immediately to her belly and sleeps great. Good luck, hope the transition isn't too hard on you.

This for us too!
  • rsigler said:

We went through this a couple weeks ago. It was a rough 3 or 4nights of constant wake-ups, but luckily, she figured out quickly that she can fall back asleep once she's on her belly. It took me a week of checking on her constantly to make sure she was ok with breathing while sleeping on her belly (which she was because she has really good neck strength and head control). Now, we put her down on her back and she typically rolls immediately to her belly and sleeps great. Good luck, hope the transition isn't too hard on you.

This for us too!
    That's us, as well!
    photo 2465-1_zps83b1ff09.jpg
    Married 6/26/10  TTC 1/13  BFP 1/31/13   Wills born 10/9/13
  • rsigler said:

------
    stuck in the box.  THIS EXACTLY!
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • LO only accidentally rolls onto his back after trying to stand up on his feet.  He gets too high off the ground and flips over. 
  • Yup. My LO refuses to go belly to back so she gets pissed off. We have been letting her try to figure it out but she eventually just lays her head down and gives up. Thankfully, she does not roll over in the motn.... Yet.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Mine was doing this last week but has since worked it out and now I have a whole new ball game to worry about. He was flipping over like no body's business on his change table this morning. I may have to start doing changes on the floor if he's going to be this squirmy.

• Cece is finally rolling both ways- yay! She still gets stuck on her belly sometimes, but for the most part, she has it down. I am still working on breaking her of the swaddle, so it makes me feel better that she's good at going both ways because I know it's bad to have her swaddled and face down... Although I'm not sure if that was ever a huge issue. I think she's always been able to roll back when swaddled because her arms were out of her way, lol.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS is in the same boat! He likes to play on his belly for a little while, and then he gets frustrated when he's done and can't get off of his tummy. Like an opposite-turtle!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"