April 2013 Moms

Teething altered sleep routine advice

My little shark now has 6 teeth. Until she was 11 months she slept in her back and play in our room. Since I am still breast feeding it was more convenient. Then I had company for 2 weeks and I gave up my room and moved to the guest bedroom which has a joining door to Raz's nursery. I thought this would be a good time to transition to her crib and sleep in her own room while I slept close by. She did fine (still waking up 2-3 times a night for feeding). Then her eye teeth started to come and all hello broke loose. Although she was sleeping in her crib she would wake up 6+ times a night. It would endless bf and she would fall back asleep until the next 1-1.5 hour. This of course left me exhausted. When my mother and grandmother left I decided to transition back to my room (also right next door to the nursery). The first few nights were ok because her teething wasn't as bad. Teething worsened and we were up from 12-3 I tried rocking nursing anything and everything. The next 2 nights I tried the CIO - I felt the intervals of going in to check on her made her scream even more and my German shepherds kept barking at me to go get her lol. I would even pick her up feed and rock her and she would be asleep but as soon as i put her in her crib she would alligator roll and start screaming again. So... To make a long story short of this vicious cycles, I caved and put her in the bed with me ( and has the past 3 nights) and she has only woke up once to bf. We are both well rested but I feel like we both took a huge step I'm the opposite direction. My husband ( who was in the field all month) says I'm rushing things and it's natural for her to want to be near her Mom when she's in pain and suggested putting her pack and play back in our room or letting her sleep with us. Not the most romantic thing lol thoughts, suggestions, advice? This is Raz sleeping peacefully with the wall of sheets my husband builds when he leaves in the morning lol
DSC_0214

Re: Teething altered sleep routine advice

• Honestly, the only thing I can say is "this too shall pass" and once she's done teething she will probably go back to her normal routine (or a MORE normal routine, anyway!). I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but I do the same thing - everytime he teeths, sleep schedules go out the window, I get frustrated and nervous and post here for advice,and a few days later things go back to normal.  

For right now, I think you do what it takes to make sure everybody is getting enough sleep to function!  If that means in your bed or your room for the time being, so be it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am having the same problem. We just started putting Anya in her crib and shes teething. I am so not used to her waking up in the middle of the night and will give in and let her stay in the pack and play in our room. I dont know what to do either to get her back to her normal sleeping situation.
    <3 Married the Love of my Life Louie 3.17.12
    <3 Our precious baby girl Anya 4.18.13
    <3 Our handsome baby boy Louie 6.6.14

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Well it's nice to know I am not alone. Stay strong in the struggle! Lol
    DSC_0214
  • I echo what the others have said. Teething kills sleep and you have to go into survival mode. We have been having a hard time here too. We went through STTN to lots of wake ups some of which have been long. It sucks, but hopefully it's over soon!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• AisakAisak member
    We co sleep and E has popped 6 teeth since Xmas. I'm with your husband - it probably helps a lot to be near you when she's in pain.
    I'd like to try to have Esther sleep in the crib (maybe in our room to start) but I can't seem to catch a break with the teething. All that helps is nursing. And Advil before bed (seems to work better than Tylenol).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"