November 2014 Moms

Libido changes?

Are any other mommy's to be experiencing a major change in their libido? Since I've conceived I've really lost my "mojo". We had an active sex life, and now that I'm pregnant my hubs can't keep his hands off me. I'm flattered that it turns him on but at the same time I'm just not up for it these last couple weeks. It's not fair to him and I feel bad.

Re: Libido changes?

• Same here.  I'm also so nauseous all the time so sex really isn't in the picture right now. I do feel bad for DH on one hand and tell him to suck it up on the other since I feel like crap!  He's pretty understanding! 

Although it totally ramped up for me in the second trimester last pregnancy so my DH is just waiting for then when we can play catch up!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • It's super normal for it to go in either direction, and your libido may change when you're further along. 

For me, mine was crazy high with my son. Seriously...I couldn't get enough. So far with this one, it's been lower. Hopefully it'll come back ;)

A fun part for many women is that, because of the increase in blood flow, orgasms tend to be much better during pregnancy! Which is super awesome of course :P. Though for some it makes it painful. 

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm hoping my second trimester will "bring sexy back". Lol
  • I am having the same issue. My hubby is all hot and bothered, especially now that I am pregnant. And I'm feeling very "touch me and die" these days which is disappointing because with my first pregnancy I couldn't get enough. I feel awful, but I also kind of want to smack him whenever he try's to cop a feel. And the 'it's not you, it's me' explanation goes over like a whore in church. My poor fella is feeling very dejected at the moment.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am having the same issue. My hubby is all hot and bothered, especially now that I am pregnant. And I'm feeling very "touch me and die" these days which is disappointing because with my first pregnancy I couldn't get enough. I feel awful, but I also kind of want to smack him whenever he try's to cop a feel. And the 'it's not you, it's me' explanation goes over like a whore in church. My poor fella is feeling very dejected at the moment.

Oh my word I feel the same way! I feel like my mans Chester the molester these days. I didn't think the "it's me not you speech" would go over well either. This is a first pregnancy for us both so he's trying to adapt. Our men will survive tho !
    :P
  • Same boat here, no libido :-( I feel really bad so I try to get all in the moment with my DH but I just can't get that mojo working. I feel terrible and I'm really hoping for a change, I was in tears today afraid it'll be like this for the next 8 months but my DH was very sympathetic and caring and was trying to tell me it will be ok, I love him for it, but still feel terrible for being completely not into it! Come back libido!!!!!
  • I have zero interest especially since I'm so freaking tired. We already have 2 little kids at home, so we are already used to sex taking a back seat. Ladies tell your DHs to get used to it b/c there is a period of no sex for at least 6weeks post partum. (I told my DH the doctor said 6months but he wasn't buying it.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• me and DH hadnt has sex since bfp til this weekend. I was feeling awful and nauseous and tired and i also think he was a little afraid of touching me thinking it would hurt the baby. its our first so he's kind of freaking out about hurting it but he came to his senses and i'm starting to feel better so this weekend was awesome :) don't worry you'll get your groove back soon!
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • DH is really hot and bothered but understand that I really don't feel like it. I have been really sick this pregnancy so he understands and is very sweet but I know he desperately misses it. Hopefully it will improve soon. I couldn't get enough last pregnancy!
  • Ya, I'm nauseous and tired at all times.  Any semblance of a libido that I had has been gone for about a month.  I actually put out yesterday for the first time since BFP.  I have heard that it comes back after the first trimester and I'm hoping that is right.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am not into it at all between nausea and fatigue and feeling bloated.  Although yesterday the mood struck me so I was like, "Quickie, NOW."  Of course afterwards, I felt sick again.  I figure if the opportunity strikes, we should take it. 

Right now a nap sounds way better than an orgasm.  Sorry, DH.  He's being a great sport about it though!

• I'm always in the mood and DH usually isn't, but over the last week my boobs have noticeably grown and suddenly he can't keep his hands off me. I wish he would. Roles have certainly reversed. Ha.
    TTC #1: 3/2013
    02/2014: Clomid = BFN
    03/2014: Femara + Menopur + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP! - 3/17/14
    EDD: 11/29/14 - MMC @ 9 wks: 4/25/14 
    Misoprostol 4/28 & 4/29 - D&C after misoprostol failure 5/2/14
    07/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014 v2.0: Final spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    09/2014: BCP cycle in prep for injectable cycle in Oct.
    10/2014: Gonal-F + Cetrotide + Ovidrel + IUI  = BFP!
    TWINS! 
    "Top Bunk" & "Bottom Bunk" due June/July 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"