April 2014 Moms
Options

HELP! I think DS broke our infant carseat!

nikki912nikki912 member
edited March 2014 in April 2014 Moms
WE have an EZ Flex-Loc Babytrend infant carseat. A few days ago DS had a piece of styrofoam that i thought came from our packages from our new furniture. He was breaking it into pieces. THen today when putting the carseat in the car we notice how hard the bottom part of the seat is, where the baby sits. We look under and there is no pad under the cover. We have been looking at our manual and trying to figure out if there was supposed to be a pad there or not (and silently cursing DS for possibly breaking the pad). Does anyone have this carseat and can see if there is a pad under the cover? 

If DS did break it hopefully we can buy a replacement part from the manufacturer. If not- Carseat Gods: Can we replace it ourselves safely? Like buy some more styrofoam and cut it to fit??

THanks!

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: HELP! I think DS broke our infant carseat!

• Options
    I have one
    It's supposed to be "energy absorbing foam" of some kind
    Not sure you can replace
    If you have the receipt or box id just return it
    FTM to Drake born 04/19/2014
    8 lbs 7.6 oz 21 Inches

• Options
    Xxlilies said:
    I have one It's supposed to be "energy absorbing foam" of some kind Not sure you can replace If you have the receipt or box id just return it
    We used it from DS so no recipet and im sure its out of warranty so we will have to buy it. It does say we can call to have parts replaced so hopefully its an option...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would call the manufacturer. They should be able to tell you if that part does indeed exist and whether or not it can be safely replaced (with one of their parts; don't DIY anything car seat related). 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

• Options
    You can usually find an owner's manual somewhere online. That would let you know if the piece is supposed to be there!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Here's my baby trend seat. Only styrofoam is on the back

Edit for clarity: #1 is a picture of the butt part of the seat. There is no foam there. #2 is of the back where the shoulder straps come through. Since it's glued on I think you would/could see if it was missing?
  • Options
    We called the manufacturer but it doesnt work on weekends so we have to wait till tomorrow to find out if there is even a problem in the first place. It sounds like the piece is missing according to the PP so hopefully we can have one on the way tomorrow! Thanks ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"