September 2014 Moms

Kinda PO'd right now...long story

So, yesterday while I was at a friend's baby shower, DH had a friend visit (no problem). He unexpectedly brought his brother (no problem). His brother brought a work friend (np). I left for a few hours and when I come back I find that there had been a whole squad of the brother's work friends, without telling DH or me, and then they didn't like the snacks that we keep in the house (I keep a gluten free house) so they go the store to get what they want. When I got home, I saw a box of donuts (which i can't touch and have been craving for two months) on the table and one of my baking sheets that now has pizza roll filling baked onto it because these assholes don't think far enough ahead to put down a layer of tin foil first. Nor do they even attempt to clean it. It's not like the kitchen was spotless or anything, after all, I was only expecting ONE person. I am so incredibly pissed about this. Not about the gluten, the people over (though I'm not happy about it), or them making their own food even though I don't like other people using my kitchen, it's just the blatant disrespect for other people's homes. And these are freaking Diplomatic Security Service agents, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that they should know better. UGH!!!! And now I'm really hungry but if I go back in the kitchen I'm just going to get even more mad.

Sorry for the novel, but I really needed to vent about that. DH knows I'm still pissed but I'm not pissed at him. I try to focus my anger on those responsible for it.

Re: Kinda PO'd right now...long story

• saraericsaraeric member
    edited March 2014
    I would be pissed too! I just get frustrated when we invite people over, plan for a certain number, and then other random people just show up. I'd make your DH clean up everything! 

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Sorry Hun.  Those thing irritate me too.
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • JD83JD83 member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, guys. Nice to know I'm not a crazy woman, at least for this. I think I will be making DH scrub the sheet just so he knows how difficult it can be. On the plus side, at least now I can demonstrate to my husband what it felt like when I quit smoking. The hormone induced anger is almost identical to the Chantix induced anger.
  • I totally understand. It pisses me off when people bring gluten foods into my gf house as well!

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • bodziochl said:
    I totally understand. It pisses me off when people bring gluten foods into my gf thouse as well!
    When you have guests over do they have to eat gluten free? Just curious.
    Nooo of course not, I'm just a little obsessive about my certain pots/pans and serving spoons. Little things like wooden spoons can absorb and hold onto gluten. We also use tin foil on cookie sheets to prevent stuff getting baked on. What really annoys me is when I have salsa or some kind of dip and someone brings wheat thins or something else gluttenous to use in the dip. Then it poisons the dip for me! Edit: let me also add that I realize no one does this intentionally and I have to remind myself that until I knew I had celiac disease, I didn't know what it was and was completely ignorant to allergy friendliness
    I have two friends who have celiac - one diagnosed in childhood, one in adulthood, and it always amazes me how difficult it is for them to eat.  Kudos to you.  How frustrating.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • reverey said:

I totally feel ya on this as I'm gluten free and allergic to soy so my kitchen utensils are somewhat specific too. DH has no issues and tends to eat GF with me 90% of the time. We keep regular sandwich bread for him and when we have guests I try to make stuff that I can eat as well but if they bring food or order pizza...all cool. Just don't contaminate me! Lol

Exactly! :)

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"