December 2014 Moms
Options

On the swingset of moods. Help

Hello. I am 35 with one DS who will be 11 this year. I am also Diagnosed PTSD from the Navy ( where I served with marines as their medical corpsman). I am also bi polar. I am 4 weeks and hate this intense irritability and snapping angrily at my DH. I am struggling as I can't take anything. Last year I was pregnant and stayed on only trazadone and well I miscarried at 6 weeks 6 days. I also upon finding out of my new arrival I quit smoking ( after 30 years. Yes unfortunately I smoked during my first pregnancy. My DS is perfect health. But it stressed me out in labour knowing I could have caused him major damage). So my irritability is also increased. I have been excited all week until after sex with DH today. A wave of depression hit n needless to say we had an all out screaming argument. :(. I am so scared now all this stress could make me miscarry again. I go wed to see my psych dr.

Re: On the swingset of moods. Help

• Options
    I have been having some mood swings as well. I have suffered with depression for many years now but I have been in a good place lately. However yesterday I yelled at my husband for not wanting to go to walmart with me. I also cried after sex because I am worried about having another miscarriage. So all I can say is that I hope we can both get through a happy and healthy 9 months!

image      BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have stayed on depression meds for both my pregnancies and will for this one as well. I hope and pray that you can find some relief. I'm sorry you're going through this. >:D<

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much. Saturday was so awful for me. I see my therapist this week thank god.
  • Options
    I seem to get really pissy after sex. These feelings so intense. Luckily I do have my best friend whose a month ahead of me. At least I don't feel too alone. I pray the best for youse as well! Prayers!!
  • Options
    Just quit smoking too. (I know, I know. Should have done it sooner.) This is my third day without nicotine. Luckily, I'm not feeling angry. But I am sad. I'm in the stage where I feel like cigarettes were my best friend and my best friend is dead and I really miss my best friend!!! Also, my brain is soooo foggy that I can barely think. I think if I were trying to do anything demanding, I'd get irritated pretty quickly, because I'm totally brain dead. I'm self-employed, and I sort of took the day off (second day in a row). And. yeah, I feel really guilty about that. I'm usually very self-motivated. But I literally cannot concentrate and use my brain right now. Stupid nicotine withdrawal. Grrr. (Someone else somewhere said that they felt foggy-brained just from pregnancy, but I have put my fingers in my ears and begun singing to myself, "It's nicotine withdrawal. It'll go away tomorrow" very loudly.)

Anyway, OP, I'd bet anything it's so bad because you're quitting smoking. That's emotional enough as it is. Last time I quit cold turkey, I got real, real weepy and crazy. This time it's exactly the same, only my boobs hurt and it's waaay easier to resist the cravings thinking about my baby Sagittarius. :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

I seem to get really pissy after sex. These feelings so intense. Luckily I do have my best friend whose a month ahead of me. At least I don't feel too alone. I pray the best for youse as well! Prayers!!

Why do you think it's after sex? This actually relaxes me. I know it's different for everyone though.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I don't have any real advice to offer but I just wanted to say Thank You for your service.  And I'm sorry that you are going through this.  Best wishes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"