July 2013 Moms

Baby Vocab

Hi ladies!

How many words can your baby say? Or are they still just jibber jabbering?

If they are talking, what words can they say?

Adelynn is up to 5 words now: Mama, Dada, baba, Papa, and she just starting saying dog today. :o)

Re: Baby Vocab

• Loading the player...
  • WanderingAWanderingA member
    edited March 2014
    That would be good, this post just seems very troll-y to me. 

juliedave151 said:
    Curious...why do you post on May, June, July, August, September and October 2013 boards?
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cfreymc said:

Well I totes did not know that saying "mama, dada, baba, and papa" meant my kid was talking.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

*runs off to FB to brag about how smart my kid is*

This is exactly what I was thinking. WTF is "baba" and how did you decide it counts as a word?

And I refuse to believe that a baby would pick up both Dada and Papa as first words, because they're both the same thing! Maybe a BTDT can correct me if I'm wrong here but I feel like if baby actually knows what dada means she's just going to call DH dada and not start throwing in other words for variety.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong when Rosalind's first sentence is "Yo pops, give me some milk"
    To be fair here, DD calls my H daddy and my dad (her grandpa), papa. So dada and papa do refer to different things, not like she was interchanging what she was calling H. Though in the case of OP, I'm sure her child is bright enough to do just that.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• Wow, seriously?!  My original post was not meant to brag, just wanted to see how many other babies my DD's age were doing the same thing... such as recognizing people in their fam and saying their names.. i.e. Mama, Dada, Papa (grandpa), etc.  I work full-time outside of the home, so I am not able to join play groups, etc. and do not know many other parents with babies my DD's age.   I enjoy reading most of the posts on this board, even if I don't reply to every single story I read.

I do not have much free time to get on The Bump, maybe during my lunch break once a week if that, and that's it.  I am not a frequent poster, but I do comment if I feel like I have useful information that might help someone else...or if I have been through something similar. I don't revol in drama, so don't look for me to comment on your posts if all you're doing is bashing someone or complaining about something.

It is ridiculous that grown women can hide behind computer screens, acting immature and bashing other people who have the same interests.

Rise above and be a bigger person, and for goodness sakes, grow up!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"