Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Frustrated please help!!!

Hello all!! I am so frustrated. I was diagnosed last fall with pcos. I am 25. I was prescribed 850mg twice a day of Metformin. That helped make my menstration right on time. Well I went in to the doctor at the end of February and she raised my dose to 1000 a day to see if that would help even more since I wasn't pregnant yet. Well now that my dose was raised I am having terrible side effects. One of them being very painful muscles in my legs. So I called today and she said I need to go down to 1000 mg once a day. I really don't want to take it at all anymore! I have had terrible stomach upset since she put me on it in the fall. But I'm worried if I stop all together then my periods will be all messed up again. I know when she first tested my blood she said I had a very bad lh to lsh ratio. Will that make it hard to conceive? I am also worried because for the past two years I have been spotting for 3 days before my period starts. Could my progesterone levels be off? I really don't want to be taking progesterone pills either. Can that be raised naturally? I'm so confused. I don't think I ovulated this month either. I am menstrating now and it is so heavy. I used 2 different opk's and one was digital and it never indicated I did. I had the advanced clear blue and it just kept saying my estrogen was high. I go in to talk to my doctor on Monday and I do not know what to ask? I am new to this and clueless. My husband and I just want a baby so bad. If anyone can shed some light and advice that would be wonderful!

Re: Frustrated please help!!!

• Options
    I'm sorry she raised to 2000 mg a day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    +1 @PeanutRN. It's been a long weekend and even though it's only 9 I'm too tired to read all of that even though I could tell the girl needed a good response. 

OP, my skimming tells me you have a lot of questions. I think your doctor will be answer some of them regarding your diagnoses. Please read our newbie blog at the top of the forum as it may answer a lot of questions regarding basic info. The more you educate yourself the easier it'll be to know what's going on and what questions to ask.

And remember to breathe. 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @merebear09 gave you terrific advice, OP.  

No one can(or should) address the questions you asked here... these are questions for your doctor.  I know it can be intimidating to talk to your doctor and ask questions when most of us were raised to sit there politely and do what they tell us to, but you need to do it.  They will appreciate your interest and participation in your own health.  It's easy to forget what you wanted to ask while you're in the office, so make sure you write it down and bring it with you.  I do this all the time.

Your doctor also cannot, and does not want to, make you do anything you don't want to do.  If the side effects of the metformin are so bad that you don't even want to take it anymore, you need to call them up and tell them this.  Then you can work together to find a solution!

• Options
    I, too have a hard time speaking up to my dr. I have actually taken to writing down questions before and literally handing her the paper. That way she can just go through the list and address everything right there at my appointment. Good luck:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"