2nd Trimester

If you are due in the middle of the summer...(registry related)

how many pair of NB pants or shorts or short creepers are you buying? I don't want to overheat the baby but I don't know how many pair to buy.  We plan on about 7 weeks of summer weather.

Thanks.

Re: If you are due in the middle of the summer...(registry related)

• We only have a handful of summer nb stuff. I have some left over nb stuff from DS1 but he was born in the winter so we probably won't be using a lot of his old clothes. Most babies grow out of nb size in about 3-5 weeks, if they fit in it at all.
  • Cat&SCat&S member
    edited March 2014
    I'm due in August, and I'm not sure if I'm going to buy any newborn or 0-3 sized pants or shorts. I just can't see having her in anything but a onesie most of the time, with the amount of diaper changes that need to be done when they're that small, plus we'll mostly be around the house while she's that tiny, and it'll be hot.

I'm not buying a lot of newborn size stuff period. Who knows how big she'll be, and I think nb only goes up to 8lbs? I've bought 0-3 and 3 month sizes so far.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know where you live or how hot it will be in your house.  If you are going to be using air conditioning, I would get a handful of newborn lightweight cotton zip up footie sleepers that are all one piece.  If you want a cute outfit or two for showing him off at picnics or something, you might get one or two shorts items, but that's it.  People will probably buy you a lot of newborn things, so I wouldn't over shop.  I would then get another handful of 0-3 and 3-6 zip sleepers in various levels of heaviness.  One rule of thumb is one more layer than on you.  However, if you don't have air or it's really hot inside and you're all dying, I would perhaps do just a diaper in the day or maybe just a lightweight cotton sleeper at night.  I would also get some sleepsacks and/or swaddle sleepsacks or similar for nighttime, perhaps in lighter cotton too.  Some babies never fit into newborn size and some 0-3 are really newborn size so you just never know.  You may have to run to the store if you have a preemie or you have a big baby--it's not the end of the world.  I would say that you will probably not use a ton of cute multi-piece items in the newborn stage and even after...they can just hang out in pjs all day and sometimes day is night and night is day, so you don't really bother with anything else.  
  • I have 2 August babies. We didn't bother with shorts at the newborn stage, just a onesie is fine.
  • We plan on doing mostly just onesues but will have a romper or two for the girl and perhaps a skirt and a romper or two and pair of shorts for the boy. Get a sweater for when you go places that have the air cranked up (trust me on this one). And don't forget PJs or swaddlers or sleep sacks. Most babies are only in nb clothes for a month or less. Some skip them entirely... you may want to make that sweater a 0-3 month so you're not spending on something you'll use a few times but not often.
  • My last child was born in September and she seriously didn't wear clothes for the first month. I live in a warmer area but we did use AC and when she was inside we just wrapped her loosly in a blanket. This time around with the baby coming in the begining of August I'm sure she won't be wearing clothes again. I certainly wouldn't worry about getting pants, onesies will do you just fine. 
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dress your baby how you are dressed. That said, if you are in AC a lot, light pants are good. Otherwise, lots of babes hang out in onesies ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"