October 2013 Moms

Hard Floor

With LO's rolling over now it got me thinking about our floor. In the living room we have hardwood type floors with a rug in the middle of the room and he has a mat that we put on top of that. When he rolls back to belly I don't think much of it but rolling belly to back I'm worry about him hitting his head.

Anyone else thinking this and what are you doing to protect them? Or am I over thinking?

Re: Hard Floor

• anamouse said:

We have those foam abc tiles for her to play on.

We have those too and she still gets off of them to explore. @mancila60‌ our living room sounds like yours and DD has rolled belly to back and hit her head in the hardwood. She is usually stunned but we don't make a big deal of it, so she won't. It's not really something you can prevent. Babies will be babies!

imageimage    

• I saw the ABC tiles at TJ Maxx today!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I have hardwood floors too and I've been concerned about this for a long time. DH will not let me carpet the living room so I'll prolly just buy another area rug. Those tiles sound interesting though I'll have to check those out.

• vargasgurlvargasgurl member
    edited March 2014
    I started using a yoga mat over the area rug, but may need to upgrade the foam mats
    < image

------------------------

I was just going to post this! Were you following me? Lol
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• ABC tiles here too. Got mine at Walmart.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

------------------------

I was just going to post this! Were you following me? Lol

Ha! TJ Maxx is my home away from home

• Does anyone have a prettier looking version of those tiles? 

We have hardwood too and no area rug because my cats are hairy beasts and I hate vacuuming carpets. I have put down a picnic blanket and then a thicker one on top of that. I also have a sheepskin that I add to that and then put pillows around the perimeter of the blankets in hopes that he will stick to that area. He has already rolled right off his play mat and bonked his head (cue crying) so this is why I concocted  blanket land.

• I got these giant foam mats from Walmart.  I may buy more to have a larger play area, but I plan to use a play gate to keep him from roaming and the dogs from getting all up in his face.

• NRyan55 said:
    I got these giant foam mats from Walmart.  I may buy more to have a larger play area, but I plan to use a play gate to keep him from roaming and the dogs from getting all up in his face.

These seem like a great solution, the abc mats are a pain in the ass. The letters and numbers tend to come out when they are crawled on and are annoying to clean.
    Yeah, I like the larger size because even if they do come apart there are only 4 pieces and not 16.
  • Ooh glad they make monochrome versions of the obnoxiously multi coloured ones.

• Awesome idea@jsgslr! I'll send you all my wine corks if you figure out how to turn them into a pretty playmat.

• I have the letter/shape ones and I hate them. They are impossible to clean and the older girls constantly tear them apart it drives me nuts.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • We use these workout mats with a faux wood finish (4) that puzzle piece together so you can reshape or add more. Got them at a sports storeimage
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    March Siggy Challenge: whatever you want! --> ORIGINAL CHALLENGE: GIF YOUR BABY!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got these giant foam mats from Walmart.  I may buy more to have a larger play area, but I plan to use a play gate to keep him from roaming and the dogs from getting all up in his face.

My mom has these and they are nice but after a while have become hard to clean. Also it's not as big as we would like this kid is rolling and turning and crawling everywhere. He says these mats don't contain him. Plus they have a fairly big drop.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"