May 2014 Moms

UPDATE (to the update) Another update on me

rainydayluckrainydayluck member
edited March 2014 in May 2014 Moms
I figured the other post was long enough, so here is the most recent update.

Baby looked great on the monitors all night. I went in around noon for another AFI check and BPP and the baby failed the BPP! Fluid was back to a 10, but would not move for 30 minutes. I was sent back to my room (still had to stay for the steroid shot which I couldn't get until 9pm anyway).
They asked about baby's movement and I said I did notice decreased movement but wasn't worried since the monitors looked good. They said they wanted the MFM to come redo the BPP tonight and if it was good, I should be able to go home.

MFM got really busy so they got the in house OB to do it. Baby just barely squeaked by on passing the BPP and it took the whole 30 mins. But, the fluid dropped back down to a 4. I swear this is like a crazy saga. The doctor called my OB who wants me to stay another night until the MFM can come in the morning and redo all the checks. With the decreased fluid and not so great movement, they want to monitor all night.

It's frustrating because everything is so ambiguous. The monitoring looks great, but wtf is up with the movement and fluid? I can't understand how the fluid can drop so quickly. I can't imagine I'm leaking fluid without knowing.

Anyway, here's the TL;DR
Fluid looked better at noon, but failed the BPP. Redid BPP, barely passed, but fluid dropped to 4 so I'm here another night until MFM can come take another look and decide where to go from there.

Update in thread

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: UPDATE (to the update) Another update on me

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"