September 2013 Moms
Options

Calm or busy?

I was visiting with my SIL over the weekend and her DD is 20 days younger than A. It's really neat to see how different their personalities are, her DD is super calm and A is so unbelievably busy and hectic it's like day and night between them two. I can't even hold my LO without her trying to jump out of my arms, literally! She's ALWAYS fidgeting and squirming and moving. Diaper changes take me 10 minutes because she tries to jump away!

Is your LO a busy or calm baby?

For those with more than one LO, did you notice a huge difference in their personalities? & if you previously had a very busy baby did they stay busy in toddlerhood, or mellow down?

Re: Calm or busy?

• Options
    EllaBelle2010EllaBelle2010 member
    edited March 2014
    Ds1 was super calm and DS2 is all.over.the.place. It just sucks because we have a friend who's baby is 3 days older (and super calm) than DS2 and her H is always comparing the two of them and making comments about my DS. Drives me crazy. 

ETA: DS1 is still super laid back. Hes 11 now. We'll see how DS2 turns out. :-)
  • Options
    Calm in the mornings. Busy at night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Busy busy busy busy. He is active like his daddy. I mean, he's not six months yet and he's crawling, getting to a sitting up position on his own, and can scoot across a room faster than I can go pee six feet away. And if he's in our laps, he's jumping or wiggling allll the time. I have one crazy baby.
  • Options
    Mostly calm, but LOVES to jump!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DOESN'T SIT STILL. I feel like I am wresting a mountain lion every day for everything!! Diaper changes, playing, holding her, feeding, everything is like an Olympic sporting event!

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

DOESN'T SIT STILL. I feel like I am wresting a mountain lion every day for everything!! Diaper changes, playing, holding her, feeding, everything is like an Olympic sporting event!

A mountain lion! Too funny! This gave me a good laugh.. It's pretty much how I would explain my days too!

• Options
    Soooo busy. I'm kind of dreading when she starts crawling. Haha.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    She is def busy. You only get her still when she is super tired or sleeping.

• Options
    DS is very calm. He is always watching and studying things. He is just like his dad.
  • Options
    Mine is mostly calm, he seems to study his surroundings.
    imagephoto b8nyaejpg.gifImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would say she's a combination of calm and busy. She doesn't always try to squirm away or anything like that and diaper changes are fairly simple but boy oh boy she does not like to be put down! Even if she is 2 feet away playing she is only satisfied for about 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Zoe's both. There will be times where she won't stop kicking her feet and wiggling out of her diapers and is completely hyper. And others where she will be perfectly happy sitting on me and looking at me or laying on either one of us and chilling for an hour. I guess that's more like my husband. I'm the hyper one. 
  • Options
    Mines a bit of both! If there are people around she loves to people watch and will sit content for a long time. She thinks everything is a jumperoo though. Little trick for those squirmy babies on the changing table, I give her a rattle or small toy and it keeps her busy while I get her diaper done.
  • Options
    eyriseyris member
    I feel like Everett is crazy!  He does like to snuggle when he's tired, but otherwise he is crazy, always trying to "jump around."  He wants to be upright or standing all the time and since he can't stand on his own you have to hold him up or he gets frustrated and upset.  He also gets bored really quickly and needs to be entertained all of the time.

I am off of work this week and was excited to spend so much time with him but four days in I am EXHAUSTED!  I give some serious kudos to SAHMs, I could not do this all day every day without losing my mind!  

Tomorrow we are definitely going somewhere to blow off steam because being in the house all day is wayyy too hard.  Ugh, this winter needs to end and get some nice weather in here!
    My little guy!  Everett Richard born 9/3/13

• Options
    Very busy at home but in a new surrounding she's pretty calm and takes it all in.
  • Options
    Mine is SO BUSY!!!!! My best friend's daughter is 7 weeks older and she is so calm. To the point that it makes me feel awkward to hold her because she doesn't even have facial expressions. Mine's smiling and laughing or obvi not happy. Mostly smiley. BUT a baby with bitchy resting face weirds me out!!

imageimage

• Options
    mmdd20mmdd20 member
    edited March 2014
    DS was calm as can be as a baby. He is still a very mellow toddler, although he is active and full of energy like any other kid. But he is still very content watching the world go by and he also loves to snuggle on the couch. My niece is a month younger than him and has always been a little ball of energy.

DD is much busier! I will be interested to see how her personality changes as she gets older.

• Options
    My girls are a lot alike. They both are mostly calm, but have their very busy moments.

DD1 has grown up to be a VERY busy toddler. Always moving, running, jumping, falling, dancing. Just always in motion. So I won't be surprised if DD2 ends up being more active as a toddler than she is now.
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Options
    She is super calm and laid back most of the time. She does have her busy moments, but for the most part she is an observer and a talker!
  • Options
    redfallonredfallon member
    edited March 2014
    I have a busy bee, definitely.
    :bz

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Ajboocher said:

Mostly calm, but LOVES to jump!

This!
  • Options

Lol, this is exactly how I describe my little guy.
    TTC #1 Since Oct 2011
    BFP #1 4/29/12 m/c 5/18/12 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/28/12 EDD 5/10/13 MC 9/22/12 at 6w4d
    BFP #3 12/31/12 EDD 9/12/13

Me Dx: DOR   DH: all tests normal
    Our Pretty Little Nest Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LO is totally calm until you get her naked, and then she turns into the squirmiest worm I have ever encountered.  

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
  • Options
    My LO is mostly busy but he has some calm moments!  At his 6 month appointment I think the doctor was surprised with just how much energy he had.  He was literally ripping up the tissue paper that they have on the exam table and trying to grab and kick at everything.  She had to move her computer.  Then she grabbed his hands and he immediately was standing up...she thinks he is going to be an early walker.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"