Maryland Babies

PSA: Baltimore Area Tot Swap coming up

I am planning to go for sure! Looks like lots of great deals! 

Re: PSA: Baltimore Area Tot Swap coming up

• children's nearly new sale is far better.  The next one is on April 12 at the howard county fairgrounds.  totally worth the drive. 
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • @singingirl96 do you know if they have maternity clothes?
  • Loading the player...
  • RC1014 said:
    @singingirl96 do you know if they have maternity clothes?
    This sale is like a huge flea market with kids stuff not one organized sale like totswap.  Its over 100 families selling their own stuff, so selection varies.  Although it is mostly children's items you can find things like maternity clothing.  I have found a few during the last sale and while I was pregnant with my first son. 

The reason why I feel this sale is SO much better than totswap is because the prices are usually better (some people are still trying to get top dollar, so move on).  Plus, people are willing to negotiate, so you can haggle.  I don't usually care what the item price is so much... If a pile of clothes totals to $20 dollars, I offer them $10 for it all, and they usually just want to get rid of it and agree.  Last week I came home with one of those huge blue ikea bags full of clothes in great condition, some with tags and a pair of stride rite shoes, all for about $40.  So if you're smart and haggle you can really hit jackpot.

Totswap can be good for some items, but prices are higher and the prices are as marked. period.  It is usually picked over by the weekend and the quality of the clothing just isn't quite there.

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Thanks for the info! I may check it out, the Timonium TotSwap is 5 minutes from my house, and I'm not looking for baby stuff yet... I may venture out to Howard county to that Nearly New sale once I know what I'm going to need for LO (after showers, etc).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"