January 2013 Moms

Moms with 2 kids...how do you do it

Hey ladies. I have recently started watching a friends 7 month old baby. I have a base for my car and they are fine with me going out to do things. But I have yet to try it cause it seems so hard to get places with 2 kids. Mine is over a year so I can sit her in the front of a cart and go, but with another one I am lost at what to do with her. I need to go to the grocery store and run some errands and I normally want till after 6 when other baby goes home to do things. But then I miss out on my DD bedtime routine cause DH will do it. Any advice?
Married My Best Friend 5/21/2010
Madison Paige arrived 1/8/2013

Re: Moms with 2 kids...how do you do it

• Wear her! Strap her in an Ergo, put the other in the grocery cart, and you should be set. :)
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • haha...I wish I would have thought of wearing her before I posted this...Such an easy simple idea. thanks

• Loading the player...
  • I've used a double stroller for some situations and a cart for others, depending on what I'm getting at the store. It's easiest if the 7 month old is still in an infant car, then you can just place them in the big part of the cart, while your toddler sits in the front, or like PP wear them, if they like it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes, that is part of my problem too. Its hard to plan around naps because they are on opposite schedules. I have tried to get them on the same one but this little baby just does what she wants and no changing her at all. 

• An Ergo carrier is my favorite.  Even when heading out with just one baby, I pop her in the carrier.  It's so much easier than carting a stroller around everywhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"