July 2012 Moms
Options

What are all your toddlers reading?

Josh's favorite book is Llama, Llama, Mad at Mamma.  We have a few other Llama Llama books but he freaks until I read that one. Every time!  So what are all your lo's into for books these days?  Maybe I can get him to expand his literature tastes.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What are all your toddlers reading?

• Options
    He likes Pat the Bunny; he gets how to do all the things (he'll even mimic us on the mirror page- if I look in the mirror and say ooooo, he'll say ooooo).  Also popular are Peek-A-Who, any of the Frances books (though they're long and sometimes he takes them to look at before we finish reading), and Go Dog Go.
  • Options
    Good Night, Good Night, Construction Site, and B is for Bulldozer. He is loving construction, clearly. He's also really into Dr. Seuss (The Shape of Me and The Thinks You Can Think, both of which I've memorized, lol).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KarmBKarmB member
    any ispy book or wheres waldo

• Options
    Two favorites right now are Goodnight Goon (parody book with monsters) and Little Blue Truck. He. Picks those two for bed evey night :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bubble guppies books, and other fave is Gerald Mcboing boing. I mean did her fave have to be a tongue twister? Lol. It's interesting sometimes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    Right now her favorite is called "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" and it's a silly book but she really gets into it.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• Options
    Dagny loves 10 Apples Up On Top, Are You My Mother, Bear Snores On, Bear Feels Scared, and a Jake and the Neverland Pirates lift the flap book.

• Options
    Where is baby's belly button. It is a book with flaps so she likes to lift them up and find the body parts.
  • Options
    KarmBKarmB member
    Her favorite book right now is some old Sesame Street book about monsters.  It isn't even my favorite book about the monster at the end of the book (grover).  It is some book about a Sesame Street monster that i know nothing about.  She is flat out obsessed with anything monster related.
    the monster at the end of the book is my fv book.

• Options
    @britbratjf - OMG, 10 Apples Up on Top is a big favorite over here too. It drives me crazy! The illustrations are so weird with the Dr. Seuss pseudonym books.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @corgimum I'm pretty sure the drumming part is why she loves that book, we drum when it comes to that part and she does it with us and says the dum dum dum part.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• Options
    Shakespeare... Ok, no, but I'm feeling way behind after the ABC poll...

Brown Bear, Brown, What Do You See
    Pop-Up Peakaboo Farm
    The Very Hungry Caterpillar, A House for Hermit Crab and this creepy Greedy Python book that came in an Eric Carle set, but is from a different author
    The Thinks You Can Think (a favorite since forever)
    Moo Who (Margie Palatini) - I love reading that book to her
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    Duck and Goose and anything Mickey Mouse.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Options
    Trains, trucks, trains, and more trucks. That's about the entire realm of "literature" that will keep his attention these days. Anything with more than 5 words to a page is old news fast too.

• Options
    zyaszyas member
    Boing214 said:

Right now her favorite is called "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" and it's a silly book but she really gets into it.

My H's aunt and uncle just sent this book to Ava last week. She really likes it and I remember it was one of my favorites when I was little. Right now Ava doesn't seem to have any favorite books, just all books in general!
  • Options
    Some of her favourites are Silly Sally, the Lonely Firefly, Mr. Brown can moo, can you? We've been running out of books though - she'll bring half her (not insubstantial) library to me every day and insist I read to her. We're both getting bored I think, we need some new books.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"