September 2012 Moms

I need new gym shoes

I've been saying for about 3 years now that I need new shoes for working out. I love my Asics (Gel Nimbus) and don't want to part with them. My feet are a bit wider but nothing too crazy. I just can't handle a more narrow shoe. I'm willing to spend about $150 if I can get exactly what I want, which is proving hard. So recommend your workout shoes. They'll be used for the gym (lifting weights, cardio and probably some running mixed in.) TIA!

Re: I need new gym shoes

• Last year, for Mother's Day DH took me to a real running store so that I could get fitted for shoes. It was a nice experience and I'd totally do it again. I ended up with a Saucony pair that cost about $100. The guy asked me a TON of question, then had me walk around a lot to see how my feet moved and where I landed, put the most pressure, etc. I have a wide foot too and had previously bought Nikes, New Balance, and Adidas before. Usually what was on sale at Kohl's :\">
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Last year, for Mother's Day DH took me to a real running store so that I could get fitted for shoes. It was a nice experience and I'd totally do it again. I ended up with a Saucony pair that cost about $100. The guy asked me a TON of question, then had me walk around a lot to see how my feet moved and where I landed, put the most pressure, etc. I have a wide foot too and had previously bought Nikes, New Balance, and Adidas before. Usually what was on sale at Kohl's :\">

I've heard of these places but the closest place is 2 hours south. We won't be going anytime soon but it's a good idea to keep that in mind just in case I can't find anything! Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • I second getting fitted if you can, but yeah not driving two hour! I love Brooks for running and cardio.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I second getting fitted if you can, but yeah not driving two hour! I love Brooks for running and cardio.

I've tried those and was pleasantly surprised. Do they hold up well? I think they fit more like my "old" Asics than the new ones do. I just wasn't happy with the color selection.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"