High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

High Blood Pressure

Hi Everyone! I'm new around here. We just found out last week that I am pregnant with my first child. We are currently at 5 weeks and had our first OB appointment today. I have had high blood pressure and have been on meds for the last few years. Over the summer my family dr switched me to a safer BP med - Methyldopa, she said it was the most frequently used during pregnancy - it is a Class B drug, but no known risks. My OB today tells me she wants to put me on Labetalol, this a Class C drug and has some known issues. I'm curious if any one out there has been on either of these meds. My BP has been near perfect since going on Methyldopa in July. I'm just concerned because the new one is a Class C drug. Just looking for info! Thanks!

Re: High Blood Pressure

• Options
    I'm on labetalol and have been this entire pregnancy. I've had no problems so far.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• Options
    KTZ17KTZ17 member
    I was on labetalol while on hospital bed rest. I think they usually go with labetalol or procardia. I tried both. Best of luck to you!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am on methyldopa this time. It has been really effective for me. I was on labetalol during my last pregnancy and it didn't do much for me. But I know a ton of people (ie the rest of this thread) that it really helped. I like methyldopa and haven't had any issues with it, though. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"