Breastfeeding

Applying for a new job?

At what point would you disclose that you're pumping?
A) At the interview
B) After being offered the job
C) SS- please explain

Re: Applying for a new job?

• C. I disclosed it at my first day of work at my new job. Granted my new employer knew I had an infant and knew that one of the reasons I wanted to work there was their family-friendly policies. I also have an office with a door so I don't need any special accommodations.

Honestly, the fact that you're pumping should not be relevant to your work qualifications. They should be willing to hire you regardless of your pumping status. I can understand why you would be concerned and want to disclose that info. If it were me in a different situation I would've informed them after they offered me the job.
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • Definitely after being offered the job.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • reb84reb84 member
    Upon starting the new job and I'd only mention it to my boss. While considering the job I'd take note of if you'll be working in a private office or open cubical. Hopefully you could take a tour of the office and take notes of possible pumping rooms if not in your own office.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just went through this. I disclosed it after I received a written offer. I was honest, told them it would be for 4 more months, twice a day and that I'd use lunchbreak time, broken into two 30 minute spots. HR was very nice and helpful but I did have to ask my office manager the first day where I should pump and all of that. Touched base with the person I directly report to on my first day as well.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"