Pregnant after IF

SCH (blood clot)

I had no idea what a subchorionic hematoma was until today.  Yesterday I started to bleed around 1:30, it started brown and then stopped, came back two hours later with a vengeance.  Bright red blood when I went to the bathroom (sorry for the tmi).  I put a pad on and went home.  When I got home it was back to brown.  I called the doctor and he advised me to stay off my feet for the rest of the night and to come in first thing for an ultrasound.  He said it could be a miscarriage but he he has also seen woman bleed quite heavily and maintain the pregnancy.  The blood started and stopped all night.   This morning I went in for my second ultrasound thinking the worst only to hear the doctor say "The pregnancy is still there and there is a heartbeat but you have a blood clot".  I was shocked.  He said I am not out of the woods by any means but for right now I am still pregnant.  Bed rest for the next two days and then from there taking it easy.  I go back on Friday to make sure everything is ok.

I am so grateful for this board.  I was able to stay calm with some of the information I got from here.  I knew that I wasn't bleeding thru a pad every hour and I wasn't having terrible cramps so my fingers were triple crossed.  I just want to thank all you ladies for being open and honest and putting yourself out there on this board.  You might not even realize how much you are helping someone. 

Fingers crossed Friday brings another positive ultrasound.
DS born @32 weeks with IUGR and a heart defect.  Passed away May 2015
DD born July 2016
TTC #3

Re: SCH (blood clot)

• I'm wishing you all the best! I had 3 SCHs early in my pregnancy (around 7 weeks). Due to their location, I didn't bleed until the sac got bigger, so I can imagine the bleeding would be very disconcerting. I was on bed rest for 2 weeks until they seemingly got smaller (or the sac got bigger). They absorbed by 14 weeks I think.
    SCHs seem to be pretty common, and if it wasn't for this board early in my pregnancy, I would have freaked out for sure! 
    Best of luck! :)
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hope that you can get lots of rest and good luck with the ultrasound on Friday! I have one too - my RE didn't place any restrictions on me but I have been trying to take it easy. It was so nerve-wracking at first but I am trying not to stress out about it too! Good luck to you! Keep us posted!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you are going through this. It is stressful.  I also had a SCH early in my pregnancy, around 6 weeks. By 8 weeks it was dissipating and at 11 weeks it was gone completely. My RE was not concerned and said they almost always resolve on their own! Best of luck. 
    ***Siggy****
    imageimage
    Me: 32 - PCOS, Hypothyroid 
    Hubs: 31 - low everything

TTC since Jan 2013
    May 2013 - HSG, all clear
    Aug 2013 - Hubs varicocele procedure, both sides 

Dec 2013 IVF #1: 24 retrieved, 20 fertilized, 7 made it to D5; OHSS
    1.27.14: FET; 2 D5
    Betas: 2.6.14 - 689; 2.8.14 - 2400; 2.15.14 - 37,7000
    Ultrasound: 2.15.14 - Twins! 

PAIF/SAIF welcome

• Positive thoughts your way! I had an SCH too and it caused a mild freakout. I'm sure it'll all be a-ok :)

• Hope it goes away soon! I had a scare with an sch too. Thankfully mine re-absorbed but it was so scary waiting to bleed and the RE telling me to expect a bleed. .. Good luck and keep us posted
    **SIGGY TICKER WARNING**
    Me: 27 High FSH (POF?) DH: 33 Slightly Low Morphology / Married Aug '08 TTC since 7/2009
    6 rounds of clomid = no luck
    IVF w/ ICSI & AZH #1 - Jan/2011 = ET cancelled OHSS
    FET #1 & #2 - March/2011 & June/2011 = Chemical Preg.
    IVF w/ Half ICSI #2 New RE - May/2012 = BFN!
    May '12 - Sep '13 - Took A Break
    Dec '13 IVF w/ Half ICSI #3!!!!! Switched RE
    Protocol - Lupron trigger/Follistim/Ganirelix/Estrace/Vivelle/Crinone
    12/27 - BFP! TWINS! EDD 9/3/14 ...Team PURPLE!
    6/27/14 - Emergency C/S @ 30w2d - Baby A 2lb 14oz, Baby B 2lb 11 oz
    ALL WELCOME :)
  • Bleeding is so scary, I'm sorry about your SCH.  I hope that it resolves quickly!

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• I had a SCH from 10-12 weeks. It was never bigger than 2 mm and resolved itself. I was also given the notice about chances of a miscarriage. I am currently 32+ weeks. 

• FX for great news on Friday!
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"