High-Risk Pregnancy

High Blood Pressure and/or Pre-E help

I am 22 weeks and my blood pressure raised about 10-15 points for the first number between appointments and I had trace protein.  I am starting my 24 hour collection now, but I am nervous since it so so so early!

This is my second pregnancy, and I did not have high blood pressure until 36 weeks with my first and never developed pre-e.  My blood pressure with my son never went above 140/90, but I was put on work from home modified bedrest for a few weeks. 

At this point, I need some encouragement of early high blood pressure not leading to pre-e, or even if pre-e this early success stories of keeping baby comfy until much further along!  It is so scary to be facing this before viability date!!  :(

Thank you in advance!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: High Blood Pressure and/or Pre-E help

• KTZ17KTZ17 member
    I had my DD at 31 weeks 3 days due to HELLP syndrome, but I was on hospital bed rest for a week before to try to get my BP in check. They delivered DD because my liver enzymes became elevated, otherwise the goal was 34 weeks. They may put you on procardia or labetelol (both pg safe BP meds) to try to keep your BP down. If meds work, you should be able to keep baby cooking for a while longer. Ts & Ps that they get your BP under control!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • I had had high BP since like week 12 with this one. I am 29 weeks now and still no pre-e! Good luck!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you both for your responses!

In my anxiety, I didn't see there was a similar post to read through.  I hope to be able to reassure other women in this position when I have no issues carrying long term too!

• I was diagnosed with PIH at 20weeks and started Labetalol. I'm 38w2d now and don't have pre-e. It's totally possible to carry to term! My BP is slowly rising so I'm set to be induced next Monday at 39weeks. LO will only be a week early and so far all ultrasounds show she's right on track for size :) Good luck to you!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am also in the same boat now.. Started 24-hr urine test today. I'm barely 16 weeks and am a little worried since I'm not even halfway there.. My first I had pre-e and delivered immediately. This has me on high alert at this point but glad to see others that had it and still carried full term!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChichigoChichigo member
    edited April 2014
    My BP problems started at 27 weeks. I was on and off bedrest several times. At 37 weeks, I was placed on bed rest for the duration.

I lost track of how many trips to L&D I had for monitoring, and I think I had seven ultrasounds.

My baby was born naturally at 39w5d, one day after my highest BP reading. He's almost four months old, healthy and (mostly) happy.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thanks for all of the encouraging replies!  I did my protein collection and so far my BP has stayed below 140/90, so my doc is just going to keep an eye on the BP.

I am feeling a little better as I am approaching 24 weeks, but still nervous, because my BP didn't start rising until MUCH later with my first.  I keep drinking water and trying to watch sodium, but wow salt/sodium is in EVERYTHING!!!
  • I ate a lot of baked potatoes with plain yogurt or avocado instead of butter or sour cream. Five minutes in the microwave. Have you tried the Brewer diet?https://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • edited April 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was put on restricted activity yesterday for two weeks for my bp. I'm 28 weeks.
  • JAM85JAM85 member
    I have had PIH and been on meds since week 14 and have been really well controlled with no issues and I am 34 weeks today so it is very possible to just have controlled PIH without pre-e although of course I still have 6 weeks to go so I am also still hoping for the best but so far so good
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kim231kim231 member
    I just found I have PIH at 16 weeks my doctor really didn't explain to me what is going on. I know I have to go for a fetal well being test next week cause I miss it this week. She didn't let me know any thing about my appointment or what is PIH .So am just praying to God am hoping for a safe delivery for all of us.i also did the 24 hour urine test i don't even know what that was for.
  • cbittocbitto member
    I'm one of those crazy people that had BP problems before getting pregnant. It was strange for me to be off medication the majority of the first trimester. When my BP started rising at 14 weeks, they put me on a medication and luckily it has been "mostly" under control. I'm now 31 weeks along and they have done 2 24 urine tests on me. It was stressful and strange, but both have come back well. My BP has slowly been rising in this last trimester and we will see what they want to do with me. I'm just hoping to carry to term!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"