Parenting after a Loss

***Healthy Living Check In***

Just a reminder for any lurkers anyone with a plan and a goal can join. This is a pretty informal way to be accountable.

I hope everyone is doing well. It officially spring...although my weather forecast this week looks a little less than promising.

So how successful were you this week? What was the biggest challenge?

Were you able to get in any physical activity?

What's your biggest vice?

GTKY....Are you keeping up with March madness? Is your team still in?
TTC January 2010
BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks

Re: ***Healthy Living Check In***

• Well I was pretty good most of the week. No French fries, no salad dressing, but I broke my cheese rule at my work outing Friday and had a slice of pizza and a beer. Horrible I know...but I did get to see Duke lose, so that was good. ;) Work, friends, and March Madness around here is making my plan a challenge. On a positive note I weighed myself the first time in a long time and I'm down 15.

I actually got in 3 walks with the boys this week. I'm gonna get my money's worth out of that stroller this spring. ;)

My biggest vice.....Diet Coke. It's bubbly goodness is what I use to perk me up after spending half a night with a toddler in my bed. The last time I stopped drinking it I lost 20lbs.

Yep....keeping up. Glad I didn't bet on the brackets. My school beat Wichita State...so that's good they knocked off a #1.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • @Michbot12‌ Carbs are always tough especially things like bread & pasta.

@kklamb10‌ & @dillngr9‌ Sweets are tough too...I have that issue to some extent.

Next week I'll have a better question. I thought everyone kept up with college basketball. :(
    TTC January 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't forgotten about you ladies!  I've just been super busy.

So how successful were you this week? What was the biggest challenge?  I did so well this week!  Last Monday, I started a 21 day fitness/food challenge.  I lost 4 lbs in one week!  On this challenge, I'm only allowed to eat their food, no alcohol, no other snacks, and one cheat meal.  Friday we went out to eat with MIL and I had my cheat meal there, beef fajita and black beans.  The biggest challenge was that they wanted to go out again on Sunday, so I just sat back and drank water.  Luckily, I had DD to feed otherwise it would have looked extra awkward as I just sat there without food.

Were you able to get in any physical activity?  Yes, I did the elliptical machine 4 times this week, AND I started adding in weights.  I'm so sore, but I feel so good about it.

What's your biggest vice?  My biggest vice is definitely alcohol.  I'm not a lush or anything, but I like to buy a bottle of wine and drink some on Friday and Saturday.  I'm also a fan of beer, so that doesn't help.

GTKY....Are you keeping up with March madness? Is your team still in?  Not really, I'm weird and just not that into basketball.  I'll watch a few teams, but I'm not glued to the set like DH.  It was sad to see KU lose yesterday.

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
  • martinimommamartinimomma member
    edited March 2014

Success/Challenge:  I made it to the gym 3x last week, which felt great.  But I paradoxically was up on the scale last week.  I am starting to lose my faith that WW is going to be as successful as last time as I had to that point been on plan for weeks with very slow loss.  The sad news on the scale sent me into a funk, and I had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch on Friday.  It's Lent, its Friday, and I made a lousy choice.  However that choice was pretty darn tasty.  I also did not make it to the gym this weekend; but I went last night after the kids were in bed. 

Physical Activity:  See above.

Biggest Vice: In terms of sheer non-nutritional calories, alcohol.  I end up saving a chunk of my weekly WW points to make sure I have enough for a cocktail on Friday night and some wine on Saturday.  Dysfunctional?  Perhaps.

ETA;  QOTW:  I don't follow sports, other than baseball since DH is a huge fan I have no choice but to hear about that.  But his alma mater made it to the Sweet 16 this year so I suspect we'll be watching those games when they happen.

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @martinimomma‌ I love wine. Not drinking much these days with the kids, but what are your favs?
    TTC January 2010
  • FmrAFBrat said:
    @martinimomma‌ I love wine. Not drinking much these days with the kids, but what are your favs?
    Reds are my favorite. We've tried some tasty malbecs lately and had a nice cab with dinner last weekend. Both were from Costco, so we could experiment without paying a heap of $. And we have a wine "club" membership for our favorite winery in Sonoma, Rafanelli. Pretty much any of their wines are awesome.

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• FmrAFBrat said:

@martinimomma‌ I love wine. Not drinking much these days with the kids, but what are your favs?

Reds are my favorite. We've tried some tasty malbecs lately and had a nice cab with dinner last weekend. Both were from Costco, so we could experiment without paying a heap of $. And we have a wine "club" membership for our favorite winery in Sonoma, Rafanelli. Pretty much any of their wines are awesome.

Reds are my favs too. I was doing a lot of Syrahs and Zinfandels before DS1. I've tried a few here and there recently-but with my vertigo and head issues I had last fall I'm really afraid to enjoy. :(
    TTC January 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"