Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Sleep regression

My DD is 5m old today and from about 3 1/2m she'll only sleep for 3-4hrs at a time during the night. From about 8wks on I would feed her between 11pm/12am, she would sleep until 7/8am, I would feed her again, she would go back to sleep until about 1/2pm and be up off and on for the rest of the day. Then in first week in February, it all changed. First she went down to 5 or 6hrs straight, then 4 or 5, and now it's 3 to 4. I haven't changed her routine or sleeping habits/place at all. How can I fix this? She's EBF and won't take a paci or bottle. We haven't started solids yet.

Re: Sleep regression

• What time do you put her down for the night? It looks like her bedtime is 11pm to midnight? Her 8 week old sched that you described looks kind of unorthodox and I wouldn't expect a 5 mo old to be on that kind of pattern.

We aim for 11 hrs overnight and about 4 hours of naps during the day.

I am dealing with sleep regression in the form of multiple MOTN wakeups, but it's still in the same timeframe (7:30 PM bedtime, 6:30 AM wake up) as when he was STTN.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You don't fix it. There is nothing wrong. Your baby is doing what babies do.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • cagoldicagoldi member
    edited March 2014
    I could have written your post almost word for word. DS was STTN at around 8 or 9 weeks. By 13 weeks that over. He hasn't STTN since and he's 20 weeks now.

First it was the 3 month GS and he wanted to get up to eat. Then he got a cold, we had to break the swaddle, we were dealing with the 4 MW. He actually has pink eye and his fourth cold since I went back to work in late January. He's also having a terrible time with teething. For awhile there he was getting up every 40 minutes to an hour after 1 am.

I hate to say it but I don't know if it can be fixed. Like PRM said, it's a problem for us as adults that are exhausted and need to function, but it's not a problem to be fixed in the sense that it's normal. I just tell myself that he's STTN before and he'll do it again when he's ready. It's out of your control. You could drive yourself crazy trying to think of every possible variable in hopes of replicating your LO's previous sleep schedule and your efforts would still be fruitless.
  • We are going through the EXACT same thing..started when DD was about 15 weeks and is still happening (she's almost 23 weeks). It started with a GS then went in to the 4MW (up every 1.5-2 hours) and now she's up every 3 hours like clockwork (prior to 15 weeks she was sleeping from 8-4:30 up to nurse then back to sleep till 7/8). Nursing is the only thing that gets her to relax and go back to sleep (she's EBF). I also think teething is a big factor.

All we can do is comfort them, sleep when possible and ride it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"